Thread: Car stutters on take off/low rpm after NOVI 1000 install?

Arrow Car stutters on take off/low rpm after NOVI 1000 install?

Well I got my Trick Flow intake, 65mm throttle body, 42lb injectors, 90mm mass air for injectors, Kirban AFR, 255 fuel pump,and my Novi 1000 put on yesterday. Runs great! The only problem is the car shutters whenever I take off until I reach about 2000 rpms. I put it on a Snap On scanner and it said everything was fine it was just running rich on the bottom end. I guess the stock computer cant slow the 42s down enough at low rmps. Ive got the fuel pressure at 39 thats really as low as I need to go huh? Theres a chasis dyno/tuner 45 min. away. Could they program it to take out a little fuel on the bottom end? Car runs great once your going. The take off stinks(literally)rich. Is there any thing else I can do? I will take it to the tuner tomorrow if I need too! Is it ok to drive? rather rich than lean huh?

What MAF do you have?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I have the 90mm C&L calibrated for the 42# Today my buddy said everytime I shifted gears it blew out black smoke? Fuel pressure is 39.

do you have a powerpipe? Have you tried to clock the meter?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

I dont have a power pipe and theres not enough room to clock my meter to far either way. which way should I clock it? How low can I safely go on my fuel pressure? Could it be the timing to far retarted by chance?? I might have my timing wrong hard to tell on my car. #@$( balancer is impossible to read!!

I would suspect MAF also, mine ran the exact way when I had a faulty connection at the MAF, it would come loose while doing my burnout, run like crap until ~3500-4k then take off like a bat outta hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

1bad, My best advice is save your nickels for a powerpipe cause they are well worth the money. the C&L is tight right there i know it for a fact cause i had a C&L there for a 2 weeks and it wouldn't run right without a PP.

MY best answer for the balancer is "confirm" TDC by using a piston stop and a bright white out pen for a mark. And buy a nice advance timing light. Where is your timing at? You almost never, ever get there with fuel pressure.