Thread: What pulley for more boost?

What pulley for more boost?

Lets say I did not want to spend the $200 on a new Vortech renegade 8" crank pulley, and instead I replaced the blower pulley. What pulley sizes will do what? I am looking for 10lbs of boost maybe 12lbs later on. I have the new 2 belt and a AFM pipe. I can't find a used Vortech crank pulley and I am not really looking to spend $200 on a new pulley. Yes, I know it will void the warranty.....
    Does someone have a chart for pulley size/ lbs. of boost. Is there a formula or something or is it kinda try it and see. What is max boost for a Novi 1000? Around 15lbs? Thanks guys.

A 3" blower pulley should do what you want. Should make 10-11. How much are you seeing now?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

The funny thing is, I havent even driven it yet. I have an oil leak to tend to and I am waiting on a radiator overflow bottle. Then I will drive it. I expect 5-6 right now, but I know that is not going to be enough. What size is the stock pulley?

Stock is about 3.3". With the pipe you should see 7-8#'s, give or take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Stock on the two belt setup is 3.5". i seen 5.5 on my trickflow/holley 2 combo so you might see a little more.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    A 3" blower pulley should do what you want. Should make 10-11. How much are you seeing now?
    If a 3" would give me 10-11 , what about a 3.15? Would that give more boost or less. Is there a formula to figure this out. If i used a 3" sc pully and the stock crank pulley- 6.87, what would the impeller speed be?

I did a search and I found max impellar speed is 55000. Tell me if I did this correctly.
    6.87 / 3" x 6200 x 3.54 = 49236.68
    crank pulley /blower pulley x max rpm x blower ratio (5.54) = impellar speed

So I should be safe if I choose this pulley?n SHould give me 10-11 lbs of boost? If I ever get the boost to work on the gauge(see other posts )

it should give you 10psi.......have you ever priced a paxton/vortech rebuild>? It makes the 8" crank look cheap! but the 3" blower pulley will do the same thing.

blown5oh
    I see 14# w/ a 3.25" blower pulley and 8" crank....AFM pipe too.