Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Drove it for the first time - NO BOOST! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drove it for the first time - NO BOOST!

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    You're sure the belt is tight? 8 rib belts won't squeel. Can you turn the belt 90* with your fingers? how's your PCV setup? throttle body tube removed and capped? I'm about out of tricks. A couple more things and you might want to contact a reptuable shop that understands aftermarket stuff. Do you know any local guys with blowers?
    The belt is pretty darn tight. What do you mean by 90*? Fold it up or down by the ribs? It hardly moves when I push on it. How tight should it be? Throttle body tube has been removed and capped and I have a rice boy mini filter on the oil filler neck. No, I don't know anyone around here with a s/c. I did pop the plug on the TB tube and revved it up and air is flying outta there, so I know the S/c is doing something??? BAD GAUGE & TUNE?? So, do you guys say the gauge is bad? I just don't understand how it can work with compressed air or hell, I can blow in the line and it reads 1.8 lbs. of boost. How would I know if my boost was bleeding out/ or leaking out my bypass? How could I test it? Maybe it is stuck open. It is brand new also, but is that possible? Would that make me have little/ no boost & run lean?

Bypass valves open with vacuum off the intake when the T-body closes but,the bypass will have no effect on your lean issue.if you take the bypass valve off you shouldn't be able to blow through it at all. if you unhook the discharge side of the bypass @ idle there should be alot of air coming out even @ idle.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

is the tensioner bottom'd out? Mine was backwards from paxton and i had to dissassemble and flip it over.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    is the tensioner bottom'd out? Mine was backwards from paxton and i had to dissassemble and flip it over.
    Yup, mine was backwards also. No, it is not bottomed out, but the belt is pretty tight.

Take the bypass off , plug those areas and see if you have boost. If you do somethings amiss with the bypass. Me personally i ONLY use autometer gauges. It's either the gauge or the bypass. Sean and Brent know every trick in the book! Just take one problem at a time until you have eliminated them. Most of all hang in there! ;)
    Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by blueoval92
    Take the bypass off , plug those areas and see if you have boost. If you do somethings amiss with the bypass. Me personally i ONLY use autometer gauges. It's either the gauge or the bypass. Sean and Brent know every trick in the book! Just take one problem at a time until you have eliminated them. Most of all hang in there! ;)
    One thing I did notice - My bypass has a spot for wires to plug into it. Of course I don't have any wires going to it, only vacuum. Would that cause it to malfunction - stick open or closed?

Wires? Mine is a bosch that came with my vortech, only a vacume line. It's possible if it uses voltage to open/ close along with vacume.
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    are you sure that the guage line isn't crimped? if your using the nerl fittings on a nylon line, and it's even tweaked in the least, you won't read boost. have seen this happen many times .....worth a look
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

Quote Originally Posted by lx-convertible
    are you sure that the guage line isn't crimped? if your using the nerl fittings on a nylon line, and it's even tweaked in the least, you won't read boost. have seen this happen many times .....worth a look
    Line from sneding unit is only 8" long to vacuum tree. Just replaced it yestday when I moved all the vacuum lines around. I messed around with the FP and it seems to run ok (decent) now. I put some fresh gas in the tank and after it reaches operating temp. It seems to stop farting and popping. I feel a little something , I guess. But the gauge still reads 0 boost. I will call cyberdyne today. THanks for for all your help and suggestions thus far. Hopefully I can get this thing right.

Junior SCH Member
    Maybe you over-pressurized the guage and broke it, just a thought. Also, my car runs great @ 10 degrees spout out. I'm just driving it that way till I can get it to the Dyno. Did you drive it without the bypass? I've heard a lot of No-Boost stories that were related to the bypass. Also, how hard are you pushing your car to check for boost, because you won't see any till your seeing some high RPM's.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownNotch
    Maybe you over-pressurized the guage and broke it, just a thought. Also, my car runs great @ 10 degrees spout out. I'm just driving it that way till I can get it to the Dyno. Did you drive it without the bypass? I've heard a lot of No-Boost stories that were related to the bypass. Also, how hard are you pushing your car to check for boost, because you won't see any till your seeing some high RPM's.
    The gauge still works when I blow in it. I did not drive the car before I put the bypass on, either. I wanted to do it all at once. When I drive test drive it, I hammer on it till it hits the rev limiter @6000 RPM 1st,2nd & 3rd. Then I back off. I called Cyberdyne and they are sending me a new gauge and sending unit - no questions asked. I explained to their tech what was happening and I had him baffled also. They do have awesome service. Free gauge and sender - did not ask for a reciept or who I bought it from either. Wow! I hope it is just a bad guage.

Junior SCH Member
    Wow, you got me! You don't have a underdrive crank pulley do you? The bypass valve is the only other thing I can think of. Good luck.

Senior SCH Member
    Possibly change the bypass valve. You said you had 0 boost, and it ran like crap and high rpm. That could mean that alot the meter'd air at WOT instead of going to the throttle body, is going out thru the bypass, and back into the inlet.
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net

Quote Originally Posted by Krwy
    Possibly change the bypass valve. You said you had 0 boost, and it ran like crap and high rpm. That could mean that alot the meter'd air at WOT instead of going to the throttle body, is going out thru the bypass, and back into the inlet.
    I will try that also. Thanks.