Thread: FMU RATIO

Junior SCH Member

FMU RATIO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a stock longblock with a NOVI 1000 stock pulley, 73mm c&l, 24lb. injectors, eldelbrock intake and the normal bolt ons. Timing at 10btc spout in A couple people have said thats way to much timing but it hasn't pinged at all Runs good but I think its rich and could stand to be leaned out I know it needs dyno tuned to be sure or check the plugs but I don't race it atleast at the track so its tough to get a good plug reading on the street. I am running 38lbs. fuel pressure Idle. I am running the FMU that came with the system should I lean out the fmu and what is the thing set at from paxton? One last thing I am running a 255lph fuel pump. What plugs are you guys running and gap. Thanks for any help.

Sounds like it's up and running fairly well. You might to turn the timing down to 8* initial but only time will tell. I would change the FMU disc from the 12:1 to the 8:1 disc. You might try one plug range colder gapped from .030-.035. Fuel pump sounds good as well. Checking plugs is one of the best ways to check the tune. With the 12:1 in there it's pretty fat in boost i'd bet.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D