Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Aluminum Discharge tube

Thread: Aluminum Discharge tube

Aluminum Discharge tube

Ok I dont want to spend $250 on a powerpipe, so I think there is another option. On superchargersonline.com they sell aluminum discharge tubes for the Powerdyne and the 9psi tube comes with a bipass hole in it. I am going to find out the dimentions of the pipe and compare it to my plastic one. It cost 110 for the regular finish and 130 for the polished one. If anyone has allready looked into this let me know. thanks
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

Well, I called superchargersonline and they could not give me the dimentions for the discharge tube so they gave me Powerdynes phine number so I called them and theywouldn't tell me either but it should work its a 3" 90 degree bend and the powerdyne mounts just like the Novi. I am going to buy it I'll let you all know how it works out.

If it works for you, let us all know, it will be a great discovery.

Ian

I don't know why I refered to the discharge tube as a power pipe, sorry I meant discharge tube not powerpipe, anyway the Powerdyne Aluminum discharge hoose will work with the Novi 1K, it makes a nice alternatie to the plastic discharge tube provided with the kit. I couldn't find an exaust shop that could mandral bend a 3" 90 deg, pipe for me so I will be using the powerdyne one.

There are some companies on the internet you could order a mandrel bent U-bend in the diameter you would require. It would just be a matter of cutting it in the right places and then welding a bung for your by-pass to it. Then you could just paint it. I believe Ian did this as well as several others on this forum and they look quite nice IMO.

The link below has some prices. Scroll down a bit on the page and you will see 3" steel intercooler pipe bends for $20!!

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/mandrelbends.htm

Thanks for the help Hawk, nice T-Bird.