Thread: BOOST! I HAVE BOOST!!

BOOST! I HAVE BOOST!!

If you have been following my no boost saga, I finally fixed it today. I had the gauge hooked up to the vacuum tree. I moved the vacuum line directly to the underside of my manifold and I now have ~5 lbs of boost @ 6000 rpm. It does not make any boost 1st or 2nd gear. It starts about 4000 rpm in 3rd gear. Is that normal? The boost keep going up quickly until I hit the rev limiter. I ran out of road so I couldn't see if it went any higher. Will it go higher in 4th gear? By the time I hit 6000 rpm in 3rd I am sitting right @ 100mph. I tested my FMU by applying 9.8lbs of compressed air into it. My gauge read 83 psi. Does that sound correct? The funny thing is when I applied the pressure to the FMU my idle smoothed right out. I have my FP set @ 40psi vacuum off, Is that too low? I have 30lb injectors and a 255lph pump. Hats off to all those that assisted me in my journey to make boost by answering all my questions. Next step: 3" s/c pulley :D

Congrats, you still should be getting boost in all gears though :D Try tightening the belt a little or throw some belt dressing on it. Also, if you're spinning the tires the boost will drop some, so maybe you was just smoking the tires thru third :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Congrats, you still should be getting boost in all gears though :D Try tightening the belt a little or throw some belt dressing on it. Also, if you're spinning the tires the boost will drop some, so maybe you was just smoking the tires thru third :D
    Ah, yes this is true..... 3rd is when the tires do stop spinning. WOW! I can't wait to see how 10lbs acts!

lol, glad you got things sorted out....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

do a real easy roll on in 2nd.......i bet you have boost in all the gears.....congrats....i bet your glad you didn't give up......Work on the tune and make sure it's 100% safe before you change a pulley.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Sounds like you hung in there, congrats you have done well Grasshopper :D
    Jorge

Junior SCH Member
    Nice! You gotta love those simple solutions.