Thread: i need to get some valve covers for the stang

i need to get some valve covers for the stang

what are you guys runnin on the systemax intake and clearing with

i thought the ford racing ones didnt clear the right side of the systemax intake let me konw i need to get some and if you have any for sale let me know

SCH Member
    You should be able to use a 1" phenolic spacer to clear the tall FRPP valve covers. I believe TFS makes a 1" speacer for the Holley?
    '86 GT: Vortech V2 SQ S-Trim, AFM Power Pipe, Seris III PMS, Pro-M 80 AFM N/A cal, Edelbrock Performer RPM, E7s, Stock Cam, 1.6 RRs, 75mm TB, 42# injectors, No FMU, GSS340 255lph, MAC 1-5/8" LTs, 2.5" H-pipe, 2-ch. Flowmasters, 3.73s, Auburn Pro, Strange 9" axles with 9" axle ends, J&M adj LCAs, Crane HI-6R, 3G 130amp alt., & Need a WB!

Future Mods: TFS TW Fast as Cast Heads, AFM B-31 Cam, & Snow Performance Meth Kit

Be careful with the 1" spacer, I ran into clearance probs with my TFS intake and the hood when I ran a 1" spacer with stock motor mounts. Ended up having to pull the hood and run it "Redneck" style for that w/e of racing :D

I like chromed stock v/c and there will be no clearance issure there......

FWIW, my standard height TFS valve covers clear my stud mount rockers and require no spacer to clear my intake.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    FWIW, my standard height TFS valve covers clear my stud mount rockers and require no spacer to clear my intake.......
    This is good to know as I was thinking about using these valve covers if I get the Stage II TFS heads and ditching the spacer with my Edelbrock Performer RPM intake.
    '86 GT: Vortech V2 SQ S-Trim, AFM Power Pipe, Seris III PMS, Pro-M 80 AFM N/A cal, Edelbrock Performer RPM, E7s, Stock Cam, 1.6 RRs, 75mm TB, 42# injectors, No FMU, GSS340 255lph, MAC 1-5/8" LTs, 2.5" H-pipe, 2-ch. Flowmasters, 3.73s, Auburn Pro, Strange 9" axles with 9" axle ends, J&M adj LCAs, Crane HI-6R, 3G 130amp alt., & Need a WB!

Future Mods: TFS TW Fast as Cast Heads, AFM B-31 Cam, & Snow Performance Meth Kit

You'll be good to go....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th