Thread: Comp Cams Polymer Intake?

Comp Cams Polymer Intake?

I just bought one used. Can't seem to get it to seal. Any tips, hints? Will it stay sealed with all that air? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Trey
    1998 GT
    S-Trim
    DSS Forged Short Block
    PIs
    Murillo Tuned
    347hp 354ft/lb

SCH Member
    A guy I know had a new one on his car for a couple of months. He was running 7lbs with a A-trim. He had nothing but problems with it. It slip in one of the seams Hope you have better luck.

Where are you having a problem sealing. The base?
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.

Well I did the ol trusty carb. cleaner test and think I found the leak. I have a paxton FPR and it was pushing on the edge of the intake. Hopping that was the problem. I put it all back together lastnight (for the 4th time ) and wanted it to set so the RTV would seal. I'm going to go out in a while and give her a try. Kinda sucks though cause it snowed about a foot here lastnight so I guess I'm not going to be able to go out and test her out.;) :D Thanks for the info though. I hope I don't have paroblems like that...wait I already am. :D
    1998 GT
    S-Trim
    DSS Forged Short Block
    PIs
    Murillo Tuned
    347hp 354ft/lb

SCH Member
    They are a nice cheap intake for non-assisted motors. We have used them for years with good success. I had a friend with one that shattered after a bad nitrous backfire too. He had a crack in the intake valve. It took him a month to figure it out. He blew up 3 air boxes also.

Well any how good luck.:)
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.