Thread: what kind of #'s you think this combo will make?

SCH Member

what kind of #'s you think this combo will make?

9:1 306, Edelbrock performer heads, Performer RPM intake, 70mm TB, 75mm MAF, F-cam, 1.6 rockers, V-1 S-trim @ 12lbs, 36lb injectors, chipped a9l, 1-5/8 shortys, 2.5" o/r x-pipe, etc.

what kind of hp/tq you think it will make at the tires? Car has a stock T5 w/ 3.73's

Well, your injectors are going to limit you to how much power you can actually make.

The injectors should be good for approx. 400 rwhp.

I would expect for you to be minimally around the 420 hp/400 tq mark with those mods.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    Well, your injectors are going to limit you to how much power you can actually make.

The injectors should be good for approx. 400 rwhp.

I would expect for you to be minimally around the 420 hp/400 tq mark with those mods.

ive seen 508whp from a 302 w/ S-trim & 30# injectors... so even if i get close to/at 100% cycle duty, i should still make able to have the fuel for 550whp or so ?

You never want to run your injectors at 100% duty cycle. The fuel injectors get very ineffiecient when doing this, possibly causing a lean condition and even possibly causing you to damage something.

Senior SCH Member
    that 502hp with 30lb injectors was prolly helped by a FMU to right? You planning on running an FMU?
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestang89
    that 502hp with 30lb injectors was prolly helped by a FMU to right? You planning on running an FMU?

no fmu... stock ecu (no piggyback or chip). Just a stock bottom end 302 with a e-cam, performer heads, performer rpm intake, longtubes, and a 10# s-trim.

If you make it to 500 rwhp on 36's i'll be impressed. If you already have them try them and see how they work. You'll know when you hit the dyno but i think it'll make at least 480rwhp.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

To get near the 500 mark with no fmu would require at least 42lb'ers, and you'll see less fuel pressure in the process. 36's with or without fmu, you'll see high fuel pressure. The 42lb'ers with the lower Fuel Pressure will have a nice spray pattern. 36's on the other hand will not, because of the elevated pressure. Better atomization = better combustion = HP. Just my bucket o pennies :)
    Jorge

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval92
    To get near the 500 mark with no fmu would require at least 42lb'ers, and you'll see less fuel pressure in the process. 36's with or without fmu, you'll see high fuel pressure. The 42lb'ers with the lower Fuel Pressure will have a nice spray pattern. 36's on the other hand will not, because of the elevated pressure. Better atomization = better combustion = HP. Just my bucket o pennies :)

we shall see. Got the S-trim kit...6" crank with a 2.95" blower..gonna turn the motor 6100 max. I think she will make over 500 to the tires :)