Thread: WILL IT WORK HELP ME????

Junior SCH Member

WILL IT WORK HELP ME????

I was wondering if a Blow off valve meant for like a turbo say a Turbo xs RFL would work with a supercharger. And also what pulley combo do i need for 9#'s of boost with a v-1 sc trim on a 93 i am running 6 now which is what was with the kit.

What size pullies do you have on the blower/crank now???

Junior SCH Member
    i have what came with the kit i am running a v-1 sc-trim kit at 5-6 lbs what about the blow off valve and does anyone run a turbo timer to cool the engine down b-4 shutting it off

Still need to know the exact size blower pulley. The crank is probably the 6.87"

Junior SCH Member
    i believe that the blower pulley is 3.33 i will check when i get home i am at work right now

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSTNGT
    i believe that the blower pulley is 3.33 i will check when i get home i am at work right now
    the blower pulley is 3.33 in dont know crank its not printed on there but its whatever came with my kit please someone help me with all these questions

OK, the crank is probably the stock 6.87 inch pulley. I would say you could go to a 3.15 inch blower pulley to get the boost numbers you are looking for.

Also think about getting a powerpipe if you don't have one already.

Junior SCH Member
    SC-trim comes with 6 inch crank pulley that fit inside the stock pulley. Try a 3.00 blower pulley for 9psi. You don't need a turbo timer on a blown car. If you use a turbo blowoff valve make sure it exhaust air in the intake pipe after the mass-air/before blower.

Simon

Junior SCH Member
    i heard that mainly the reasone BOV wont work is because most people dont have enough vaccum to keep them closed i have 17 lbs of vaccum at idle i ordered a BOV today its a Turbo XS RFL its huge got it for 69 dollars shipped

Junior SCH Member
    the blow off valve will work, but you can not vent it out... you will have to vent it back in the system, like the stock one... I have a Greddy one on my car, works just fine...