Thread: sn95 questions

Junior SCH Member

sn95 questions

i put an s trim with an intercooler on my 95 gts. motor is a 331 stroker w/ b cam, 1.6 rollers, afr 165 heads, 75mm maf, stock injectors, intake and tb, crane ignition w/boost retard, 190 fuel pump w/ t rex(which is installed but disconnected because it ran way too rich). timing is set conservatively and the blower is pulleyed w/ 2.95 pulley. i think the fmu has a 10:1 ratio and i'm not sure how much boost this set up is making. the car runs ok but it doesn't run very smooth. under accelration the car seems like it is stuttering. i know i need to replace the stock peices mentioned above and tune it but what else do i need to do? money doesn't allow for buying more parts at this time so i have to live with what i've got for now. i don't have any detonation at all and there is no smoke. any insight into this would be helpful as this is my first blower. thanks!!

For a 331 you need to upgrade your injectors, intake, and throttle body. With the 2.95 pulley your making 12 or more lbs of boost! You need at least a 42lb injector, performer rpm,systemax 2,tfs trackheat intake, 70mm TB, powerpipe. Do you have a boost/and fp gauges? What size are your injectors? and how much timing? (spout in/out) Have you checked for any vaccum leaks? Bypass valve hooked up properly?
    Jorge

Junior SCH Member
    i have a bypass valve, i'm pretty sure timing is at 8 w/ spout out (i have the spout in) i have stock injectors(19#) i don't think i'm making that much boost though, i used the elbow that came with the kit for the inlet to the supercharger and i have an air to air intercooler so i'm think both of these things are costing me 6 # of boost. i know i need gauges but i don't have them right now. do you think these things are what is causing the stuttering and slight hessitation in my engine?

Just to give you an idea i had 24lb inj. in my 302, so 19lb in 331 is incrediably small even with your fmu, which is setup for 302 not 331. Have you checked for vaccum leaks? What heat range plugs are you using and what gap? Plugs need to be 1-2 heat ranges cooler, and gapped at .032-.035. If you have stock gapped plugs (.052)you might be experiencing spark blowout. That's why your car could be stuttering and hesitating. With my P1SC i only lost 3psi thru the intercooler and H/C/I at 14psi with the dryer hose inlet like you have , i saw 11 on my gauge! Got to have gauges! That's the only way you know where your boost and fuel are at!
    Last edited by blueoval92; 09-17-2004 at 05:52 PM.
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    How are u running a intercooler...custom?
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

Junior SCH Member 1995 SC cobra's Avatar

Question

YES, How are getting a After Cooler on a SN95? That is a picture I want to see, as I thought it cannot be done according to Vortech and most Forums? You must have a Fox setup according to Vortech to do this, as the Fox sits forward towards the front more, giving more clearance room? Got a picture ?