Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Questions on my Fuel system for my 93 GT

Thread: Questions on my Fuel system for my 93 GT

Junior SCH Member

Questions on my Fuel system for my 93 GT

I am adding a Novi 2k to my 93 GT, and would like to get some opinions on my fuel system. The mods of importance here are 42lb injectors, TFS Track heat intake, MSD6BTM, 190lph in-tank fuel pump, 80mm Mass Air. I am going to be adding some twisted wedge heads soon after the blower install, but they will not be present ar first.

My current plan is to just add an external pump like a T-rex, or a Walbro. What are the implications of the high pressure, or low pressure pump? I do not intend to use a FMU. I realize this is not the "best" solution, but I can't afford to totally rebuild my fuel system. I am looking for the best way to get me by until I can. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bob

Senior SCH Member
    Get the 255 intank and 255 inline from Jack. I think that they are both $200. You will need to ask him about how to hook up the inline pump. I used some lines that I had from a BBK inline pump that I broke.
    Fuel is your # 1 priority with your blower, timing being a very close second. Don't put the blower on until you can afford the 2 pumps. You will be changing head gaskets like underware if it goes lean.

Have Fun and Good Luck
    Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113

I agree with almost everything that was mentioned in the above post except the 2 fuel pumps. If you add a single Walbro high pressure in tank pump you will be fine. The 255 intank will support your mods without any problem. After you add your heads, I would suggest adding the second pump. I made 472 at the wheels with a 255 intank and a t-rex through an AOD. I had 36psi injectors and I don't use an FMU either.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

I agree with Doug. You won't need two pumps. A 255 will support more power than you will ever make with that engine. According to Pro-M's site, a 255 lph pump will support 800 hp. It's not like you are feeding enormous injectors through 1/2" fuel lines on your car. Not to diss anybody, but if you need that much pump to support your motor, you're well past the limits of the stock fuel lines anyway. The 255 Walbro high pressure is rated at that flow rate @ 90psi. That's a sh#tload of fuel! That's enough to empty your tank 4 times in an hour while pumping at that pressure level. You can get that pump for $120 from Muscle Motors and JD's Performance as well.

The limit will be in your rails, lines and regulator.

If you want to spend money on fuel, do all your upgrades and then buy a complete system.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Just a quick question. Is there a 255 and a 255 High Pressure version in-tank pump? Which do you recommend?

Yes there are two versions for the intank, go with the HP 255lph. Both pumps flow the same until the fuel pressure goes up, then the HP 255lph takes over where the standard 255lph falls off.
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    SEE <http://www.racetronix.com/Racetronix-Mustang_Pump_Kit.html>

The chart on this webpage shows flow vs voltage vs pressure, some valuable information here. Their product isn't too bad either.

In a nutshell you don't really need the high pressure 255 pump unless you plan to run an FMU or otherwise exceed 60 psi fuel pressure (a standard 1:1 FPR up against 20 psi boost or more, for instance). Then again its only another $10 for the 340 vs the 307.
    Last edited by fanglemeister; 09-17-2004 at 12:43 PM.
    Chris

Junior SCH Member 1995 SC cobra's Avatar
    I have input for you guys. One of the magazines did a write up on pumps, I think the T-Rex flowed 170LPH, so when your running a 255LPH pump in tank, then the fuel leaves the tank, goes about 1 foot to a 170LPH T-Rex in line pump, does it slow down, putting extra head pressure on the intank 255LPH, this seems like a bottle neck with a T-Rex installed, T-rex was marketed when we could buy a 155-190 pump or before the the 255LPH was really hitting the market. Am I on the wrong track here, like someone said the stock fuel system is good for about 550RWHP MAX, then you need to upgrade everything as I have read this in places the A/F goes out the door. So the 255LPH should be plenty with a GOOD tuning device like PMS AEM Tweecer ETC.............................