Thread: 12.588 @ 114.12 with SC Trim :)

12.588 @ 114.12 with SC Trim :)

Hey guys

Just got back from Luskville speedway which was my second time up[ this year but the 1st time up had some car troubles so the times did not reflect the cars performance. Anyways Ian and I took turns runnin my car and Ian who ran mid 12's all day in it ran a best of 12.588 @ 114.12mph. We did use some old slicks and if you are wondering why the time seems high for the MPH you are right ! The best 60 foot we got all day was 2.026. The car seems to need more stall as we realized but I am happy with the results non the less. Just want to thank Ian and Chuck for their continued help and time they have spent on making this car come too life :)

We actually had to pull Ian away towards the end because he thought he was going to get a 12.1 out of her but it wasn't in the cards today.

I can tell ya though after it breaking loose about a 100ft down the track a couple times it has given me a new respect for the guys runnin 10's !!!

The car is 1993 Coupe LX
    GT40 Crate Motor (box stock)
    X Heads
    E303
    SC Trim with 3.12 SCH Pulley at around 6.5 - 7 boost

take care, I gotta go pick black rubber off my nice white car :)

P.S> Ian, nce we get that SCH Bracket system on there and really crank that belt we will get that 12.1 :)

See ya
    ----------------
    Rock n Roll :p

Congrats! Sounds like a fun ride for sure!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Congrats on the times. I would try better slicks first before messing with anything else.

Ya I agree. I will keep my eyes peeled for a new set ! Thanks for the encouragement !!! Just want to get that 11.99 :)
    ----------------

Congrats Drew those are decent numbers.I see I still have some work to do. :D

Thanks bud. I hope your car issues are coming along ! I think it will be cheaper to put a t5 in the car instead of more stall so I am probably going that route and goin the darkside ! :)

May change the crank pulley if Ian thinks its safe ?

Take care
    ----------------

It was a great run, the car pulls hard up top but that stall is killing the car out of the hole for sure.

We will get the bracket system on the car, use some race gas, a little more boost, and head back to the track.

Ian