Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Big a$$ powerpipe hole...

Thread: Big a$$ powerpipe hole...

SCH Member

Big a$$ powerpipe hole...

Did anyone else get annoyed and rip apart where the old air box went? i couldnt get the snips to cut through that spot so i just cut the whole thing out and i'm going to to cover it with sheet metal... now i look around at some pics and it looks like everyone else didnt take it to the same extreme... oops, however i can say that the pipe fits in there quite nicely now..

Senior SCH Member
    I cut the whole thing out myself dont feel bad.

SCH Member
    yea i finally got it all in and fabricated a sheet metal bracket and i dont think i got any increase in boost...

stock maf?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    No its a Pro -m 75.... I took it out again today and saw 6.5 lbs. (stock pullies ) at about 5400 which is the most ive ever seen , but then again it was real cool out today...

If you're seeing 6.5@5400 then you should see at least 7.5-8@ 6000 and this is certainly on par or better than average. How does it run?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

SCH Member
    It has stock heads and cam so its not making to much power... The bottom end is all original so i never really take it up to 6,000 ... it has about 80,000 on it... you guys think it can take it ?? it seems like after around 5,500 it starts losing power, but its also running real rich because of the 12:1 fmu with 24 lb inj's...

Ah ok.......it'll be fine @6000 but why would you if it isn't pulling eh?

Senior SCH Member
    Check your belt tension, you should be seeing more then just that 6.5. I see ~8psi at 58k with stock everything.
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net

Guys don't worry about mileage on these motors.

I am making over 400rwhp on an orginal 170k mile shortblock in my 89GT.

krwy are you leaving any details out, I don't see you making 8 PSI on stock pulley configurations. What pipe are you using? What boost gauge and what does it read with the engine off?
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 468LC
    Guys don't worry about mileage on these motors.

I am making over 400rwhp on an orginal 170k mile shortblock in my 89GT.

krwy are you leaving any details out, I don't see you making 8 PSI on stock pulley configurations. What pipe are you using? What boost gauge and what does it read with the engine off?
    I'm using an AutoMeter boost guage. Stock 2 belt NOVI. The pipe is the stock U-shaped pipe. The gauge reads 0 when the engine is off. I was skeptical, so I tee'd the line for the gauge off of 3 different vacuum lines, and I always hit 8lbs.
    NOVI 1000 power.

I did not read your sig krwy. It is likely due to the stock engine. Boost is a product of restriction and you have plenty of that with the stock parts.;)

Great looking car BTW. I like fox saleens.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 468LC
    I did not read your sig krwy. It is likely due to the stock engine. Boost is a product of restriction and you have plenty of that with the stock parts.;)

Great looking car BTW. I like fox saleens.
    I knew that it was because of the stock everything. As soon as I open up the exhaust, and larger intake runners with intake and heads, boost will drop but hp will be up. Thanks, I love the car, but would kill for a Notch.
    NOVI 1000 power.