Thread: Looks like I got screwed!!

Junior SCH Member

Looks like I got screwed!!

I recently put a post up on Corral looking for an S-Trim kit for my 90 LX. I had a guy reply to me that had a kit for sale for a reasonable price. I talked to him several times on the phone, and we eventually made a deal.

Well, I got the kit yesterday, and I sorted it all out on the workbench this morning to find out that this kit is for 94-95 models! The bracket assembly carries part number 4FG011-020....which is close but doesn't exactly match Vortech's website, they indicate 4FG011-021 (off by the last number), but the 68-93 shows to be 4FA011-021.

Nevertheless, I cannot get ahold of the seller now (go figure), he obviously knew he was selling me a 94-95 kit, and I had made it VERY clear that I needed an 86-93 kit.

Should I just try to resale this kit, or is it worth my time and money to piece it together, and try to find all the correct brackets and hardware?? I paid $1600 for this one, and it didn't include the T-Rex or the discharge assy.

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Jason

I'd try and re-sell it first. There are plenty of people looking for these. It will be a huge PITA to try and piece it all together.

$1600.00 is a very fair price for an S-trim kit. You should be able to resell it, no problem. I would make it my mission in life to dog the a-hole that ripped you off, add him to your buddy list and follow him around on every post over there to let everybody else know that he is thief.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    $1600.00 is a very fair price for an S-trim kit. You should be able to resell it, no problem. I would make it my mission in life to dog the a-hole that ripped you off, add him to your buddy list and follow him around on every post over there to let everybody else know that he is thief.
    This is the american way. :teeth: :signs:
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    Forgive my ignorance, however, it doesn't fit?

Junior SCH Member
    I've got a pretty good update on this. As it turns out, I've got a buddy that lives about 50 miles from the guy that sold me the charger. My buddy is a big ole weight lifter/gorilla sort of dude. Anyways, I called him and told him about this, and asked him if he was familiar with the area that this guys address is in. My friend said he knew exactly where it is, and he jumped in his truck and headed out there. The guy was actually out in his front yard when my friend got there. They had a conversation about it, and the guy called me about 10 minutes later!

He indicated that he was told (and assumed) that the kits were interchangable on all 5.0 cars....said he was sorry, and said he'd make it right for me. He offered to give me a full refund, or he said that he would buy me the correct bracket assy and crank pulley, and he'd swap it out.

As it turns out, he seems like he's going to do the right thing here....so hopefully my panic was on a false alarm! :)

Nevertheless, I've been looking at the Vortech website this morning, and it appears that the 86-93 kit also has an idler assy. that the 94-95 kit doesn't have....so I'd need that as well. I'm planning to give Vortech a call today to see if I can make it work with just the correct crank pulley, bracket assy, and the idler assy, or if there is anything else needed. Anything else come to mind for you guys?

Thanks for the replies!

Sure does help to have freinds in the right places :D
    Jorge

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval92
    Sure does help to have freinds in the right places :D

Hehe...indeed it does! :D