Thread: V1-sc

Junior SCH Member

V1-sc

Hello I am new here Any way I bought a V1-sc kit from vortech what does the sc stand for it is there 5 psi kit and can I make more boost with it ? If so How much what is its limit Thanks

The SC is the standard S-trim kit. It is also classified as their entry level kit. Vortech also has a SQ S-trim, which is the super quiet version (the impeller is different for quieter operation).

Yes you can make more boost with it. All it requires is a pulley change, either on the blower itself, the crank, or both.

The S-trim limit for boost is 20 psi, but it is not very efficient at that boost level. The highest I would spin an S-trim would be 17-18 lbs. of boost.

Senior SCH Member
    No flames, but the SC is not the same as an "S" nor does it put out the same boost unless spun much faster...The "SC" was initally developed 4 the 96-98 Cobra..It has a cut down impeller(Smaller)so as 2 not build boost as quick as an "S"..But u r correct in that it w/build as much boost(CFM Flow)as an "s" but higher rpm's.....and u w/b making a lot more heat at any given CFM flow which raises the propensity 4 detonation....