Thread: Switched from S Trim to T Trim ??'s

Junior SCH Member

Switched from S Trim to T Trim ??'s

I just switched from an S trim to a T Trim the other day and was wondering about noise levels. The t trim seems much louder at idle than the s was, when I pop the hood to show it off its hard to hear the conversation. Also now when i'm cruising in drive normal speeds I hear a slight whistle I didnt hear with the s trim, not that i'm complaining it sounds sweet! Are both of these normal changes from one to the other?

Thanks,
    Rich

Senior SCH Member
    Some superchargers make more noise than others. I have heard both noisy and quiet S and T trim superchargers. Kinda luck of the draw when you buy one.

So far both the YS trims I have run have been quiet.

SCH Member
    I have what would be considered a TQ-Trim and it still has a noticeable whine at idle. If you went from a V2 S Trim to a normal V1 T-trim, then I would imagine it would get much louder.

Jeff

My T-Trim was very loud,like itlkick said,its the luck of the draw,some are quieter than others.
    1995 Mustang GT- Dart 331 twin turbo...... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/267384/10
    1991 Mustang LX- EFI 351....soon
    Stangtuning.com

Senior SCH Member
    So how were the gains?
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

Junior SCH Member
    Never had a baseline with the S-trim but seat of the pants...seems to have a little more torque. I'm also pullied for about 12lbs with a power pipe, I saw 14lbs with S-trim and am only seeing 8lbs after the switch. No signs of belt slip either :weird:.

Rich
    91 GT Convertable, 306, TFS TW heads, B41, Holley Systemax, T-Trim, 12lbs, Power pipe, 65mm t-body, 42lbers, 73mm MAF, Bassani Lt's, Flo's, C4, UPR front and rear susp. kits, and soon installing a Moser 9"