Thread: dfi and prochargers

Junior SCH Member

dfi and prochargers

Anyone running DFI and a Procharger? Do you like it better than running with the stock computer? Any and all opinions on this combo welcome.

Thanks,
    Steve

SCH Member

dfi

I am running a D1 on my 383 windsor with an accel gen 6 I like it a lot. It takes a lot of playing around with and at times can be overwhelming but it eventually came to me. I bearly new how to turn the laptop on when I started. All I know about it has been self taught. No one around here has ever messed with one. A big plus to me is being abled to get rid of the mass air meter and put in any high impedence injector I choose. I got mine used on e bay about 1 yr ago for $450 computer, harness, sensors, and calmap software. I bought a laptop for $50 from a friend and purchased a LM1 wideband o2 sensor brand new. So I still had around $800 into the whole thing.

I'm learning the gen6 myself also, while I am pretty versed with computers, it took a lil bit to figure out what each menu/feature does. But its not very hard, got my car on the dyno and if you have a wideband the tuning becomes fairly easy. The gen7's are a lot easier to tinker with supposedly so it shouldn't be a problem. I put up a webpage that has all the resources for the gen6 since some things are getting hard to find. The gen7 is pretty much fully supported from their website. 383stroker if you need some tips on tuning, they have a bunch in the calmap manual I have on the webpage.