Thread: Yo Dave........

Yo Dave........

Here is the timer that I was talking about the other day. You can get them just about anywhere (Grainger, Cole-Parmer, Allied, etc), you dont have to goto a chassis shop to get them. I bet you could even get them directly from Summit/Jegs if you wanted to.

http://www.rjracecars.com/cgi-bin/sq...4.13106&pid=69

bob
    www.XtrmBowties.com

TTT,

Bob
    www.XtrmBowties.com

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobalos
    Here is the timer that I was talking about the other day. You can get them just about anywhere (Grainger, Cole-Parmer, Allied, etc), you dont have to goto a chassis shop to get them. I bet you could even get them directly from Summit/Jegs if you wanted to.

http://www.rjracecars.com/cgi-bin/sq...4.13106&pid=69

bob
    Sweet - thanks Bob. I took a quick look at the link, and it mentions turning the circuit on. I'm guessing it can also be use to turn the circuit off??
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Sure, if you are activating a relay that has NO & NC contacts on it, just hang it on the NC contacts & your there.

Bob
    www.XtrmBowties.com

Senior SCH Member
    Cool! I don't know squat about the inner workings of relays; but if you say it will work, then I'm there. Thanks for the find.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Here is how to hook it up to run a 2nd stage of N2O on a car, but instead of connecting it to the NO contacts of the relay connect it to the NC set so that as soon as its activated it DIS-ables the Trans brake for XXX period of time.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Instructions/digiset.pdf

I will draw up a diagram of how to connect it up, & give it to you when I see you next.

Bob
    www.XtrmBowties.com

Yo Dave,

I was looking around on the GoFastZone for a schematic & one of the other guys had a good idea. he wires his Trans Brake through his Line lock so that Both have to be engauged for the transbrake to come on. its a cheap failsafe/lockout. I kind of like the idea. it would work REALLY well if you had a stick car, but same with an auto.

Bob
    www.XtrmBowties.com

I just hooked my second stage up to push button switch. I just haven't got the nuts to push the button while going down the track :shocked:. I think my car would be scary fast with 450-500 horsepower worth of nitrous going through it.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Dude, that thing is scary fast on one system, I wanna see it on 2 :shocked: :shocked:

I got good news from the UPS man today , Now all I need to do is get my butt into the garage & throw this tank together & see what happens.

Bob
    www.XtrmBowties.com