Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Project Novicain Emissions test results

Thread: Project Novicain Emissions test results

Project Novicain Emissions test results

Took the monster in today for it's first emissions test since the engine swap. Here in Ontario Canada they have an allowance for "Hot Rod" status (applies to kit cars and engine swap cars when the original engine is replaced with one that wasn't available in that model car by the factory) Even with the engine swap,"HOT ROD" status doesn't apply to my car according to the shop I took it to...told me the car has to be '86 or older to qualify. Also the car was tested as if the 2.3 was still in it...told me regardless of the engine now in the car it has to meet emissions for the original engine the car was equipped with which also means the limits are tighter if I'm not mistaken as I believe the 2.3 numbers are lower than what a 5.0's allowable limits are. End result........didn't matter, this puppy is environmentally friendly and is actually cleaner now than it was with the 2.3 when it was tested last:

40km/hr test Readings:

HC ppm= 20 (limit= 109)
    CO%= 0.00 (limit= .061)
    NO ppm= 295 (limit= 1206)

Curb Idle readings:

HC ppm= 29 (limit= 300)
    CO%= 0.00 (limit= 1.5)
    NO ppm= N/A (limit= N/A)

Specs on the car for those that care:

306 ci, AFR 165's, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer Intake, BBK 70mm TB, 42lb/hr injectors, Pro-M 80mm MAF, Paxton AFPR, Paxton Novi 2000 Supercharger, BBK Shorty Headers, MAC 2.5" Catted H-pipe.

Tune specs:

Electronic Tuning via PMS ( -12% fuel @ idle)
    Fuel pressure: 42lbs vacuum off
    Timing: 13*
    Fuel: Sunoco Ultra 94
    Engine temp during test according to the AutoMeter gauge: 178* F

Holy crap!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

That's awesome hawk05! The pms was the key for the injectors, and the e-cam was the key for the motor. My comp blower cam in my 306 passed the toughest test, calif. (c.a.r.b.) emissions.24lb'ers though not 42's! I need a PMS!!!! Glad to hear 500HP can pass emissions! :D
    Jorge