Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
fuel problem

Thread: fuel problem

Junior SCH Member

fuel problem

Hey guys, I have a 306 with 30lbs injectors, a sq with 10.5lbs of boost. When i go to the track and watch my rich lean gauge and fuel pres. gauge they both go high until 3,000 rpm and then they both fall off. My headers are turning white from leaning out. Should i try bigger fuel pump or 42lbs injectors. Please help!!!

You need bigger injectors and a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator if you don't have one already. Also, try and get that car on a dyno for a good, safe tune.

The stock Fuel Pressure regulator is boost referenced...it will raise pressure 1 pound for every pound of boost provided the vacuum line is connected. 30's should be fine on a stock 5.0 with 10lbs of boost if that's what you have (some more details of your exact combo would be helpful).

What fuel pump are you currently running? Falling fuel pressure at high rpm is typically a sign of a fuel pump that can't keep up to the volume required.

Junior SCH Member
    The engine is a 306 with edelbrook performer 202 heads, Gt40 upper lower intake,b303 cam,30lbs injectors,pro.m maf, anderson power pipe,in tank 225lbs pump and t-rek pump from vortech. Blower puts out 10.5lbs of boost. Also using denso iridium plugs and fmu. I do have an adjustable fuel pres regulator and to get my rich lean gauge to switch at idle i have to crank fuel pres up to 60psi. should be about 40psi.
    Last edited by mustang8d3; 09-27-2004 at 06:01 AM.

Junior SCH Member

Last edited by mustang8d3; 09-28-2004 at 06:26 AM.