Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Driver vs. Pass. side mount?

Thread: Driver vs. Pass. side mount?

Junior SCH Member

Driver vs. Pass. side mount?

for those who have run both driver and pass side ys units, have you seen any real advantage or performance gain? still tossed on switching, help me out guys?

thanks

Senior SCH Member
    some say there is some say there isnt. I have run both, with the only change being going from one side to the other. with the same tune, it ran about the same, nothing overly impressive as far as improvement. once we turned up the tune, thats when we picked up major power with the drivers side unit. the problem with the passenger side is the bracket flex, once your over 20psi it is very hard to keep belts on it, I was pushing 25psi, but shreading cog belts on every pass(only 35mm wide), with the DS and 50mm belt, I see the same boost, and the belt lives thanks to Bob Kurgans brackets and vortech center support. Vortech told me that there is only a 1% difference if that. For the money involved if your going to stay under 20psi, the best bang for the buck is the passenger side, Drivers side is slightly more.
    Spence

8.96/160

Junior SCH Member

Re: Driver vs. Pass. side mount?

hey derek... gimme a call about the brackets when you get a chance.. my cell# is still the same..

cya bob

Originally posted by Derek Thompson
    for those who have run both driver and pass side ys units, have you seen any real advantage or performance gain? still tossed on switching, help me out guys?

thanks

Junior SCH Member
    Bob, LMK when a good time to call is?

Spence, thanks for the info, that is just what I wanted to know.

Later,
    Derek