Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
S TRIM LEANING OUT

Thread: S TRIM LEANING OUT

Junior SCH Member

S TRIM LEANING OUT

MY CAR IS AT THE DYNO AND IS LEANING OUT I AM UNSURE WHICH WAY TO GO FROM HERE. MODS INCLUDE STOCK LOWER END, ROUSH 200 HEADS, B CAM, 75 MAF, 30# INJECTORS, 255 INTANK W/ FMU AND S TRIM W/ 10 RIB SETUP AROUND 8-9 LBS OF BOOST. ANY IDEAS?

THANKS AGAIN

R U using the t-rex/or 255lph inline pump? Alot, if not most of the guys here go with 42lb inj. and ditch the fmu, but they also use a 255lph inline pump,and an 80mm maf. might get away with running just the inline pump with the 255 intank/and your fmu.
    Jorge

ditch the fmu and get some 50's.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

What intake do you have? What are your plans for the car? Are you uping the boost down the road? If your keeping that boost level 42's are enough to ditch the fmu. If not then get the 50's like RDRUNNR suggested. You don't get to the nines without knowing what it takes. Remember boost is addictive! 50's will allow some growing room. You will need a 255lph inline pump witout a doubt,no matter what you choose to do.
    Last edited by blueoval92; 09-28-2004 at 11:23 PM.
    Jorge

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    At what rpm range are you leaning out? The FMU is not your friend trash it and get 42lb injectors.

Junior SCH Member
    I HAVE A HOLLEY SYSTEMAX INTAKE, THE PUMP IS A IN TANK 255. I WAS HOPING TO MAKE THE CAR WORK W/ THE 30'S AND FMU THIS YEAR AND MOVE TO LARGER INJECTORS OVER THE WINTER. THE CAR IS LEANING OUT JUST UNDER 3000. ALSO THE CAR MADE ABOUT 290 AT THE WHEELS ON MOTOR IS 425 ALOT TO ASK FOR W/ 8 POUNDS? I GUESS THE CAR WAS MAKING AROUND 300 RIGHT BEFORE IT STARTS TO LEAN OUT.

THANKS AGAIN

The car should make power above your expectations. the 30#'s are killing you ,you really need bigger injectors. you got some serious airflow, you need serious fuel. Is the fuel pressure going up with boost? Fmu or your regulator might be on the blink also. How old is your pump?
    Jorge

What fuel pressure regulator are you running?

You will need to install a boost sensitive FPR like the aeromotive one if using the stock fuel rails. When the regulator senses boost it ups the fuel pressure.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Stock FPR will increase fuel with boost also at a rate of 1:1.

That might be true, but when running any type of power adder, you need an adjustable FPR to dial in the A/F ratio.

Junior SCH Member 1995 SC cobra's Avatar
    Get a PMS or close to that. 255 intank, A Trex only flows 170LPh according to the mags, so your 255LPH intank is puffing into a 170LPH, not sure if that really does any good? Seems like a 255 alone with stock rail should be enough, but 42's or 50's a must for sure if your going for any big power. That fuel pump deal is not really clear to me, seems like everyone over kills that

Junior SCH Member
    WELL JUST AN UPDATE, PUT A INLINE PUMP IN AND SOLVED MOST OF THE PROBLEM. THE SHOP IS TELLING ME THAT THE 30# ARE NOW THE NEXT PROBLEM, SO I BOUGHT A SET OF 42'S AND AM GOING TO DITCH THE FMU. ALSO THE S TRIM I INSTALLED HAD A 10 RIB SET UP WITH ABOUT A 2.8" PULLEY AT 3800 RPM THE BLOWER IS SEEING ABOUT 12-15 LBS AND PUTTING AROUND 440 TO THE WHEELS :). BUT THAT MEANS AT 5500 500+, SO I ORDERED A 3.12" PULLEY TO GET THE BOOST AROUND 7-9 (HOPEFULLY). IF ALL GOES WELL I WILL GET THE CAR BACK TOMMOROW. SO WITH A GOOD TUNE AND ALL THE CHANGES I AM HOPING TO SEE ABOUT 460-470 RWHP. ONE MORE QUESTION THE CAR IS A 90 CONVERTABLE WITH AN AOD W/ 3200 STALL CONVERTER AND LENTECH VALVEBODY ARE HIGH 11'S POSSIBLE WITH THIS AMOUNT OF POWER ON ET STREETS?

THANKS AGAIN

BRANDON