Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Vortech/powerpipe users - show me your pipe

Thread: Vortech/powerpipe users - show me your pipe

Senior SCH Member

Vortech/powerpipe users - show me your pipe

I have a YS trim and my engine is set back 1". I'm trying to figure out how tough the install is going to be when the time comes. If you have some pictures - particularly using the UPR Boostmaster pipe - I'd really appreciate a look-see. Any advice on the installation would also be nice.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

There's a shot of my UPR power pipe. David it's hard to see because my car is black. With your engine back an inch, you might have to cut the hole toward the firewall more, but you only have so far you can go because of the whlwells.I used a pair of tin snips, but if you get into where the metal is doubled they are'nt gonna work. jigsaw without the base and a fine tooth metal blade will work,or a cut off wheel on a die grinder. I put the 4" rubber boot where i was gonna make my cut and added 1/2" all the away around, permanent marker or paint pen works well. Make your cut then file/sand smooth, a flapper wheel on the die grider works the best for sanding smooth. Then start tinkering with the rubber boot to get the angle inside your fenderwell right. I did have to trim the boot a 1/2". Even when your engine is in the stock location the PP can be a PIA.Take your time and all should go well. I'm sure the rest of the guys will chime in also. Have fun :D
    Last edited by blueoval92; 10-02-2004 at 01:29 PM.
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks Jorge, that helps even with the dark photo. For the MAF sensor, how did you get the wiring inside the fenderwell? Also, here is a link to the UPR site showing the Boostmaster ( http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=556 ). I'm assuming that the top of the photo is the section that connects to the MAF/filter?

Having this engine set back has been nothing but a pain in my arse. But with a new custom driveshaft, it's staying put.

Momma - don't let your sons move their engines!
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Yes david that is the part that connects to the maf, the rubber boot i talk about is the other end. For the MAF harness i picked up some 14ga wire and cut four pieces about a 12-14" long,cut the plug from the harness,not too short you'll need room to splice the wires in, i used butt connectors but i cut the insulated outer layer off and soldered each connection then used an electrical shrinkwrap on each also, this is better for keeping the elements from shorting the connections. Taped it up, put it in a wire loom and that's it Bam! Done! Just like factory but better, i do all my electrical this way,then i have no worry's about shorting out! Hope this helps ya. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Later :)
    Jorge