Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Went back to the dyno and found another problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went back to the dyno and found another problem

Went back to the dyno and found another problem

Well, I took the car back to the dyno today to try and figure out why it was cutting out when I put a 250 jet in it. I lowered the gap on the plugs to .21 and found out that that didn't help. I decided to call MSD and talk to the tech line to find out if I was possibly exceeding the limits of the 6AL. They agreed that I was definately exceeding it and told me to try a digital 6. Thank god Novi357's car happened to be there undergoing some upgrades, so he let me borrow his digital6(thanks Brian). We put that in the car and gave it a whirl. We hit it again and it instantly smoked the crap out of the tires. We put 3 people in the trunk and tried it again. When it got to 4700rpm it smoked the tires again. Now I have to figure out how to make the tires hook up on the dyno so I can have some internet bragging rights for dyno numbers. Here's a graph of the last dyno pull.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Uh i think you have some bragging rights already Doug almost 900ftlbs of torque! And spinning on the dyno! Very impressive Doug Very impressive! Damn i should of had a 408 :D Oops i meant 402 with just a liiiiittle nitrous!!!
    Last edited by blueoval92; 10-04-2004 at 09:13 PM.
    Jorge

How about some slicks????? They might be able to hold on the dyno.

Junior SCH Member
    nice, JB is where I had my custom N/A tune done ;)

too bad my graph dont look like that///

Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    How about some slicks????? They might be able to hold on the dyno.
    I have tried slicks in the past and all it does is ball them up. Those numbers were made with drag radials at 18psi of air. I'm at a loss as to how some people put down 1000 horsepower and don't smoke the tires.

Senior SCH Member
    damn Doug that thing is a nasty beast! spinning on the roller and putting down those kinda #'s

Scott
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Right on Doug. as I have said before, that thing is quite impressive.

Hey, you going to the Q on Friday, I would like to chat for a few minutes if you dont mind. Im hoping to bring the tank down, we will see, im almost there. Darrell is getting me some gas, Im getting the bottle filled today & with any luck @ all, I will fire up the car tonight with the new ignition in it.

Bob
    www.XtrmBowties.com

Damn that is just sick. Awesome #s Doug.
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Thanks for the compliments guys:)

Bob,
    I'm going to take it out on Friday and make a couple of passes so I can get ready for the Fun Ford Weekend coming up next week. I'm going to tow it down on the open trailer behind my Blue 2002 F150 Lariet. Look me up, I'll be around.
    Doug

Hey guys if my memory serves me, When JBA first opened was'nt there location on Mission Gorge RD? Just a little shop nothing fancy, when they first opened they did'nt have much going on. When did they move to Kearney Mesa? Forgive me it's been almost 14years since i resided there.
    Jorge

Jorge,

they still have the shop on Mission Gorge, they run thier header Mfg. out of there & thier Engine shop is still there (although run by Bob now). they moved thier "speed shop" & repair facility up to Kearney Mesa a few years ago. they have thier chassis dyno & such there @ thier new shop. Here is a link to thier site http://www.jbaracing.com/

Doug, see you there. I will be in the big green tank probably next to Steve with the white Back 1/2 Nova.

Bob
    www.XtrmBowties.com

Thanks for the update on JBA Bob! I use to go in that shop on Mission Gorge in my early 20's (showing my age now) way before i ever got into mustangs. Actually at that time i was a desert rat, i lived, and breathed off road! MY how things change. Thanks again for the memories Bob. :D
    Jorge

SCH Member
    Bob first you call it a rustang now your saying it's impressive hahaha man he is going to spin you around when he comes past you.

BTW Doug and Bob I know where there is a 73 Camaro Extreme street car for sale rolling

he wants $7,000 for it the car is here in town never been run. I am kicking around the idea of getting the car but still can't talk myself into it cause then I have to buy another motor for my 68 replace the one I will be taking out of it. It's a round tube chromoly back half with disbrakes chris alston front clip tube A arms with the disbrakes. Has a chromoly funny car style cage. Fiber glass dash the front ened comes off in piece. He is also selling his blown 383 as well for $8,000 from carbs to pan.
    Last edited by OutlawCamaro68; 10-07-2004 at 04:47 AM.

Toby, I have always said that Dougs car is impressive, even when he was running the blower motor on the street when we used to actually hang @ JITB & Buger King & such. its faster now, but still......................... a Rustang.

are you talking about Brahms car? that thing is going to be VERY nice once its done. the work that Chuck has done to it, is sweet!!!! if it comes out even 1/2 as nice as Duncans car, its a keeper. with your motor & a fogger setup............. Doug would have to step up to that 2nd system. LOL.

No worries Jorge, if you REALLY wanna go back a few, JBA used to be on Aero Drive right off of the 15 years ago. I used to pick stuff up for my Furd there.(yes, I owned a Furd @ one time. Im over the Furd thing now. Well it was kind of a Furd, it was a Datsun Roadster with a 302 in it, if you really want you can check it out @ my site).

Bob
    www.XtrmBowties.com

Senior SCH Member
    very nice Doug, I can only dream about those #'s. And your doing it spinning.
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter