Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
30 lb injectors

Thread: 30 lb injectors

Junior SCH Member

30 lb injectors

Can I go without the fmu and use 30 lb injectors? Do I have to have a chip burnt for the car, money is becoming a issue and I havent put the blower on yet. I have a novi 1000 ordered and msd btm. Also there isnt a dyno near to get a chip made.The car is a near stock 93 cobra with 76 mm cl mass air meter and a 89 computer,and full exhaust.thanks for any help

As long as the motor is stock and you run the stock boost level of the Novi 1000, I don't see a problem running no FMU. You don't need a chip either. I would ask around on Corral as well as I'm sure there are lots of people there who have done similiar set ups to yours so you can pick their brains on how they tuned it (fuel pressure, timing, etc.)

Junior SCH Member
    Hey thanks for the reply I am adding also a bigger fuelpump and i have the adjustable fuel regulator, i was wanting to go with the f-150 pulley also

You will be ok with the 30's, no problem.

Ian

You should be fine. According to Pro-M's calculations, you should be good up to 430 hp with the 30's. I'm assuming that number is at the crank so you should be more than safe. I figure with your stock heads and all and running 7-8 psi of boost you should make around 300-320 rwhp or 345-368 hp at the crank with what you have which will be enough to beat up on a Camaro or two given the weight advantage of your Stang.

Junior SCH Member
    thanks guys for the help,i will post any results i have as soon as i get it on

Senior SCH Member
    what size fuel pump would be good? a 255lph? and a 73 or 75 pro m?

I would go with a 255 high pressure and a 75 pro-m.

Ian