Thread: Anybody ever run "RENEGADE" pulleys on A trim?

Junior SCH Member

Anybody ever run "RENEGADE" pulleys on A trim?

Cuz I will be...lol...

I just picked up an A trim, which already has the S trim aluminum inlet and discharge tubes, and 8 rib pulleys. I swapped my stock 8 rib (6.87"/3.33") pulley setup for a brand new Renegade (8"/3") pulley setup. The Vortech website says at my shift point of 5800 rpm's, I'll be at 53,000 impeller rpm's, but what the heck....It's going to either run niceely, or blow up, I guess...

Just wondering if anyone is "zinging" their old A trim this high?
    89 GT Convertible (AOD/A trim)
    87 LX Coupe (mostly stock)

SCH Member
    Rel3rd,

I just so happened to pick up a sick *** notchback the other day. I was told it was an S-trim, couldn't tell cause the tag said n/a. I didn't really care that it wasn't what he said cause the car was sooo worth it. I just pulled off my inlet from the powerpipe and looked at the impeller, it's straight so it's an A-trim too. Mine also has the aluminum outlet with a complete 10-rib setup. It has a 2.95 blower pulley and the renegade crank pulley, lol, i'm bout to blow this one up myself. I'm def zingin it to the moon shifting at 6000rpm. I'm used to a T-trim on my other car, but lemme tell you, with the powerpipe and the smaller pullies on this blower, i'm amazed how fast the car is, honestly, car feels faster than my 530rwhp notch with the t-trim, hahaha. Takin it to the track wed. The car is a beast, and it is set up sooo safe with only 10^ of base timing, 45psi of fuel with a complete fuel system consisting of 42# injectors, aeromotive 1000 pump, -10an line from tank to rails.... I'm looking to upgrade to a YS , but gonna see what this lil baby blower can do. I'll keep you up to date

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd
    Cuz I will be...lol...

I just picked up an A trim, which already has the S trim aluminum inlet and discharge tubes, and 8 rib pulleys. I swapped my stock 8 rib (6.87"/3.33") pulley setup for a brand new Renegade (8"/3") pulley setup. The Vortech website says at my shift point of 5800 rpm's, I'll be at 53,000 impeller rpm's, but what the heck....It's going to either run niceely, or blow up, I guess...

Just wondering if anyone is "zinging" their old A trim this high?