Thread: By-pass Valve Help !!!

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar

By-pass Valve Help !!!

Can someone please give me a couple of specific car applications that use these valves because no parts stores in my area have employees smart enough to look them up by the Bosch part #. I got two Bosch part #'s off of this site but they say they need a certain car that it fits. I guess its a LITTLE too hard for them !!!All i need is year,make.model and engine. Thanks alot to who can help.

http://www.expressautoparts.com/imp...FTOKEN=70821296

For some reason if the link won't take you all the way to the part, do a search for a "Charge Air Bypass Valve' for a 2000 Saab 9-3 Turbo, the current price is $24.80

I don't know why someone could not find the valve with a part #?? The parts stores here are the same way. No one has any automotive knowledge behind the counter.

hopefully this one will work better ;)

http://www.expressautoparts.com/import/index.cfm?make=SA&year=2000&CFID=2476093&CFTOKEN=7 0821296

FWIW- I've checked at local automotive parts stores for the application above (Saab Turbo) with part # handy and the cost was closer to $40(+), just mail order from above & you'll get it in a few days & save some $$.

SCH Member
    I purchased my Charge Air Bypass Valve from express auto and the Part # is 0 280 142 110. Its for a 2000 Saab V6 Turbo

Later,

Dawg
    Dawgsgt White 93 GT
    Engine: 331 ci. built by Ohio Crankshaft Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock 6037 heads, Accufab 70mm TB, 1.6 roller rockers, Comp cams, SCT 2800 90mm Mass air, 60lb injectors, Professional Products Hi-Flow fuel rail kit, MSD Timing Retard, Aluminum 2 core radiator, electric vaccum pump.
    Power Adder: Vortech Sci-trim Supercharger with upgraded discharge tube, UPR Powerpipe.
    Suspension: Ground pounder adjustable cast and camber plates, Lakewood 70/30 struts, 50/50 drag shocks, subframe connecters, Factory 5 upper and lower control arms.
    Exhaust: Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers, Dr. gas X-pipe, 2.5 (2) chamber Flowmaster mufflers.
    Electronics: MSD 6AL, Blue Ford Motorsport 9mm wires, MSD Cap and rotor.
    Drivetrain: Stock T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter with a chrome Hurst handle, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 gears.
    Interior: 2 1/16 Dual gauge pod with Boost and Fuel gauges.
    Exterior: Original Oxford white paint job, Chrome 5 Star Pony rims

Junior SCH Member
    Wait, now I'm confused.

Dawg, you are saying to use the "V6 Turbo" valve, part #0 280 142 110, cost $41.68 at Express Auto.

Whistler, you are saying to use the "9-3 Turbo" valve, part #0 280 142 103, cost $24.80 at Express Auto.

But in this thread , 468LC says to use part #0 280 142 108, which I can't find on Express Auto.

Which is the right valve? Will any of them work?
    Gray 89 LX. Mostly stock... for now.

The xxxx 103 would be for lower boost pressures, the xxxx 110 would handle a bit more boost. The price on the 110 has increased significantly since I purchased it, I only paid about $25 to my door.

When I was doing my search for the bosch part# xxx 08, I found it locally at a Mitsubishi dealer for a Turbo Eclipse, but they wanted more than I wanted to spend.

I'll see if I can come up with another souce for the 110 that's less than the $41.68

SCH Member
    I paid around $25.00 to my door from express auto. The price must have gone up a lot since I purchased my bypass.

Later,

Dawg

Junior SCH Member
    if youre going to use a turbo eclipse bov make sure its one for a 94 and earlier, when they redesigned the second gens (95-99) they put a shitty bov in them, most hardly hold 7-10psi

Junior SCH Member
    My understanding is that the 108 Bosch part number suffix is the better unit due to half the working(travel) distance of the valve itself resulting in quicker response times.

Here is a little info. on the subject. HTH

http://wwwrsphysse.anu.edu.au/~amh110/Technical_pages/blow_off_valve.htm

Gentleman, I tried off and on most the day and was unable to source a cheaper # 108 or #110 Bypass valve. What we need is to find a domestic application, so if anyone gets lucky let us know.