Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What FMU w/ 30lb injectors? Also...

Thread: What FMU w/ 30lb injectors? Also...

Senior SCH Member

What FMU w/ 30lb injectors? Also...

Hi,

I'm a newbie here but hope to be posting a lot more in the near future. I plan to purchase a Novi 1000 in the next month or two and I just have some basic questions relating to my current combo.

I am currently running TW heads w/ upgraded valve springs, Crane 2030 cam, Edelbrock Performer intake, 30lb inj, Walbro 255 FP, FPR, Pro-M MAF, full exhaust, all your normal bolt on goodies, and I have a "built" AOD w/ a 2600-2800 stall.

My main question at this point is how much power will I be limited to with the 30lb inj and my current fuel pump? I've seen quite a few guys on here running the Novi 1000's w' 30lb'ers so I figure its definately possible. Also, what ratio FMU will I need and can I order that with the kit or does what I need come with it?

Will I be able to add an 8" crank pulley and/or a AFM Power Pipe without upping my injectors?

Thanks for any input, Ryan

Senior SCH Member
    30lbs injectors are perfect for your setup. Anything more will cause oil blow-by. The 255 pump, with 30lb'ers, run the FMU with the blue disc. Your injectors will be fine with the powerpipe and the crank pulley. What size tb and mass air are you running?
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net

Ryan, nice combo and welcome to our little "community". Being a former Novi 1000 guy i can say your car should run pretty good. The FMU ratio your after is 6:1. I would run this setup with the powerpipe only. You can the the 8" crank(as i did) but i'd check the tune at a dyno shop or unless you can read plugs really well. I ran the 8" crank with awesome results but i had 42lb injectors. You should have no problems getting alot of power out the stock pulleys and the powerpipe. I ran 11.77 like that.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks for the welcome and the info guys. I believe my MAF is a 76mm currently but I am guessing I will need to buy a new blowby style anyway to go with the blower. My TB is an Accufab 65mm.

I will definately be checking my setup on a dyno before running it very hard, even with just the stock pulley and no power pipe. My goal at this point is just to be able to run in the 11's consistently. I was running 11.70's with a 100 shot of nitrous and I really hope with maybe with the 8" crank pulley and a powerpipe I can lower that down into the low 11's. Is that possible? My suspension is some what tuned for the drag strip with Eibach drag springs w/ air bag, 50/50 shocks in the rear, adjustable drag struts up front, and then I have Draglite wheels that I race on with ET Streets.

My car is really more of a street car but not a daily driver. And I am not after every last ET/MPH but I do like having something to judge the car and changes off of. The dyno numbers are never impressive with an AOD so the dragstrip is the true testing ground for me.

Thanks again for the info, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by NothinButNotch
    Thanks for the welcome and the info guys. I believe my MAF is a 76mm currently but I am guessing I will need to buy a new blowby style anyway to go with the blower. My TB is an Accufab 65mm.

My goal at this point is just to be able to run in the 11's consistently. I was running 11.70's with a 100 shot of nitrous and I really hope with maybe with the 8" crank pulley and a powerpipe I can lower that down into the low 11's. Is that possible? The dyno numbers are never impressive with an AOD so the dragstrip is the true testing ground for me.

Thanks again for the info, Ryan
    The meter and TB should be fine. I ran 11.23@124mph with the powerpipe and 8" crank. I strongly reccomend 42's for what you want to do but if your A/F is safe then thats all that matters. And as far as racing dyno sheets are concered i've never really cared for that either.

good luck and keep us posted. :laugh:
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    For getting started I plan to make the 30 lb injectors work but I probably will upgrade to 42's later. I'll let the stock pulley/boost get old first, which might not take too long :), and then maybe I'll have enough saved up to get the bigger injectors along with the 8" crank pulley.

When you said the TB would be fine did you mean size-wise or the actual one I have (ie not needing to buy a blow through style)?

What kind of 60 fts were you pulling when you ran the 11.23? 5-speed or manual? My stall is a little too low really but for now it will do.

Thanks again, Ryan