Thread: New eighth times

Senior SCH Member

Talking New eighth times

A big tip of the hat to Doug, who had all the right parts when I needed them then and there. It's amazing what a little more boost, and a good tune, can do for a car! I backed this up with runs of 6.972 and 6.982.

I'm one happy camper. Next up - 9s in the 1/4 (not with this motor though) :)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Senior SCH Member
    very nice. We would be a good race :D, you would kill me in on the 60ft, but I trap alittle better than you do (like 1-2 more :D ). Still it would be a good race, heck that might come down to who gets a better light

Brandon
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks Brandon. My top end power is limited right now because my injectors are too small (42#). I start to lean out around 5500 rpm, so quite a bit of timing had to be pulled. If I wasn't planning to build a new motor, I'd install bigger injectors and retrieve the rest of my power (dynojet gave 455 hp and 430 tq). But at least this way the motor might last a little longer.

BTW - I still have some work to do on the tree. Right now my average is probably in the 530's. I'd like to get that down to the teens though (without tripping the red). My best on Friday was a .503 (with only one .473 red on my first pass)
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

Damn DAvid, nice runs!! That's almost identical to my best times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Congrats! sounds like the car is coming alive for you.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Awesome David congrats !!!! :D
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks gents - I still can't wipe the smile from my face.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

David you have come a long ways in both your knowledge and abilities. Great job man.

You are now a full second faster than I in the 8th.:)

I think my best was a 7.80 at 93mph.

I won't even post the numbers since the tremec went in the car. We'll just say the driver needs help lol.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 468LC
    I won't even post the numbers since the tremec went in the car. We'll just say the driver needs help lol.
    That is precisely why I gave up my Tremec. But for a couple of months I have to admit I was starting to wonder if I had made a mistake. It's nice to have run my best 60' to date - a better track might even see me down into the 1.4x range :)

Thanks for the other compliments as well. I'm having a blast working on this "project".
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Good job David! I was starting to have my own doubts about siding with you on the powerglide idea but that beast is really starting to come around now.
    Chris

SCH Member
    I watched David come a long way in the past few months and I was very suprised when he came up to me with a low 7 second time slip and then pretty much called me out lol. I was even more suprise when he beat me to the finish line even after I red lite against him. But I think the best Suprise for David was when he ran his first 6 second pass he had the biggest grin all night. BTW you owe me a rematch lol I am not sure when I will be at the Q again but I will be at Barona for the Bracket race I believe it is on Nov 20th will you be there David??

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawCamaro68
    I will be at Barona for the Bracket race I believe it is on Nov 20th will you be there David??
    I'll actually be up in Las Vegas running my first PSCA race that weekend Toby. But you know I'll be happy to run with you anytime. Our cars are so evenly matched now that there's bound to be some awesome races between us.

BTW - I still have that grin on my face :D
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

SCH Member
    Yeah we are pretty close but I think you'll be squeaking by most of the time your car really start to pull on the top end. Your going to have a great time at that track everyone says it's hooks hard I think you'll be looking at 1.4 60's all weekend long. What class are you going to enter?

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawCamaro68
    What class are you going to enter?
    The GT only fits into open comp at the moment (relocated engine, interior mostly vanished, etc.). But depending how it runs up there, I may enter the 10.6 index division as well (assuming that I can get it to run that fast - I'm not sure I'm there yet). Either way, it will be great to run a true quarter on a fast track.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

SCH Member
    You can enter the Open Comp or run Bracket 1. I watched the Bracket 1 at Fontana back in May it was a pretty good field of cars give it a shot.
    Last edited by OutlawCamaro68; 10-19-2004 at 02:02 PM.