Thread: head not lining up

Junior SCH Member

head not lining up

hey guys mabe you can help me. I just bought a used sn2000 that the seller said he had on an 88 mustang. I have it on a 91 and I can't get the head unit to line up with the crank pulley. every thing else lines up fine. Crank pulley,smog pump,alt,a/c,p/s,w/p and idler all look good. The idler pulley on the plate lines up with the s/c crank pulley , but the pulley on the head unit sats back about 1/4" to far. I can't space the plate out because the belts will hit the bolts. Any suggestions? also do anyone have copy of the installation instructions for the fuel control unit?
    Last edited by mjj68; 10-19-2004 at 07:00 PM.

SCH Member
    The supercharger pulley could be bolted on backwards. Try unbolting it and flipping it around.

Brian

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I really can not think of a way to be 1/4" off unless the steel plate is bent.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red350DropTop
    The supercharger pulley could be bolted on backwards. Try unbolting it and flipping it around.

Brian
    I would try that also. I have seen people do that.

Junior SCH Member
    thanks guys,but I figured out the idler spacer was to long. put in a shorter one and it lines up fine. Now can anyone help with the fuel control unit

Senior SCH Member
    The FMU bolts up to the firewall or fender and, the lines intercept your return line coming off the manifold. Crack that open (it's smaller and doesn't have the little schraeder valve in it) Fuel has to flow from the manifold fuel line to the side of the fmu, out the bottom and back to the return line, heading for the tank.

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    thanks f=ma, that's what I needed to know. but what about the opening on top of the fcu
    Last edited by mjj68; 10-21-2004 at 09:03 PM.

Senior SCH Member
    Vacuum. Take it right off the tree near the brake resevoir or, one of the ports on the manifold or 3-way it from the stocker. Clamp all connections, since they will see + manifold pressure, too.

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks F=MA, I'm almost finished. Can't wait to try it out

Junior SCH Member
    Hey guys, finally got around to testing my car with the sn2000. I love it . pulls really hard. Thanks for your help. Haven't had time to get back on here to see what's happening.