Thread: PCV valve and stuff.....

SCH Member

PCV valve and stuff.....

i know this has been asked many many times, but im installing my new motor soon and want to get it right.

My friend says to do this, and this is what is done to his car. He the line that come from the oil filler neck to a T-fitting. He also connected teh PCV valve to the T-fitting. Then he onnected the line from the T-fitting to the inlet of the blower. He also recommened that i check the valve on my booster(help)? Im not sure where that is. If anyone else has any comments please let me know

Another friend said he just connected his PCV valve to an oil catchcan. i dont really know what to do, any help would be appreciated.

Also, where is the best place to hook up my boost guage? I just plugged a t-fitting in my vaccum lines and that was that.

Thanks everyone.

Remove the piece of hose that runs from the fill neck to the TB. Add a one way check valve between the PCV and the lower intake. Intall a valve cover breather, and you are done.

For the boost gauge, try to install it in the upper intake after the TB.

Ian

Ian, so you take the pcv out of the intake and put a new valve between it and the pcv. or you put one between the pcv and the upper itake. Cause right now I have a breather, but have not done anything to my pcv. Please clarify.

Brandon

I believe what Ian is indicating is that you should install a one-way check valve between the intake & the pvc. This was common in the Incon turbo set-ups, suppossed to aid in reducing/ eliminating boost from entering the crankcase via the PVC line.

I haven't ordered one yet, but Expressautoparts.com has one for the 2000 Saab Turbo. I'll get one ordered in the next few days & let ya all know if the fitment is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Yep 5150 LX has it ;)

Ian

ok, sounds good to me. do you think I would be able to find the part at a local parts store?

Brandon

SCH Member
    can i get this at a kragen or what?

Not unless their parts people are smarter than the one's we have around here. Pep-boys was the only chain store that I ran across who was able to find it. Do yourself a favor & arm yourself with the full Bosch part #'s, I'd have the 108 & 110 numbers personally, I also would have the manufacturer part # as well. Use the wording "charge air bypass valve" in addition & request the part for the 2000 Saab 9-5 with the V-6 turbo, if need be I can take a pic of the part for you & you can print it out to take with you, lol.