Thread: SQ VS N2000 PROS/CONS

Junior SCH Member

SQ VS N2000 PROS/CONS

looking at both. wich one is better for a street car?
    my current combo is old school. ported iron gt40's, ultradyne
    214 @.050, ported cobra intake,t-5 3.73's bbk full length through 2 1/2 flowmasters
    i would like something that make good power from low in the rpm curve all the way up. oh, when my engine goes boom.
    i will be building a 331 w/ afr's, ect..
    guessing h.p to be 450ish current setup..inc boost.
    anybody with experience with both??

My experience is with the Sq, which is a excellent blower. The Novi 2000 is a excellent choice as well, for the simple reason that you won't have to sell/buy blower units. The N2000 is all you'll ever need. I have a stock pullied SQ with ported edel's, track heat intake, 8.7/1 306, and power pipe, i made 476RWHL HP showing 10lbs on my gauge. I'm very happy with it! I'll go with the N2000 if i decide i want to get a dart block with the 331 setup. Either way you go you'll be happy, both are great steet blowers. Good luck in your decision :)
    Jorge

Junior SCH Member
    A NOVI 2000 pushes about 1600 cfm, whereas a SQ pushes 1,000 cfm. Both are very good, Paxton is owned by Vortech, so they're the same company, have been for a few years now. Make sure you get an intercooler, so you can run more timing along with pump gas!!!

p.s. I have an SQ and they're great!!

joe

Junior SCH Member
    By the way 450 is NO PROBLEM, with good heads, cam and a GOOD TUNE!!!!!!!

joe