Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Top Fuel Belt Guard - made to fit Mustang (PICS)!

Thread: Top Fuel Belt Guard - made to fit Mustang (PICS)!

Senior SCH Member

Top Fuel Belt Guard - made to fit Mustang (PICS)!

I was tired of having my hood torn up by cog belts coming apart so I ordered on of the SFI belt guards that all the top fuel dragsters have to run and made it fit my YSi-Trim. I will post more pics when it is daylight but it looks -VERY- cool!

Awesome deal. Looks beefy. maybe even overkill.;)

How much blower life are you getting on cogs?
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

RCD makes some nice stuff.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 468LC
    Awesome deal. Looks beefy. maybe even overkill.;)

How much blower life are you getting on cogs?
    I hope to get a lot more life now that I have the water pump moved back. I just went to 50mm and I have already destroyed two belts but both due to interference with the water pump pulley. With the 35mm belts I would just rip the cogs off.

Yes, it is overkill but it looks cool. If it looks cool and works overkill is ok.

Senior SCH Member
    I don't think that I did. I just put 3 new updates on my web site for anyone who is interested:

50mm Cog Setup

Belt Guard

New Pictures

More updates on the 50mm cog setup will be coming with some new cool custom fabbed parts.....

You webpage is awesome. A lot of time is put in to that. :teeth:

What did that guard cost and which one is it. I too have a ysi and have had decent luck with a 8 rib set up yet am considering going to 50 mm cogs also next year. I like the guard to protect my hood from burns and cracks from a broken belt. My car is a very clean street car with some track time. Don't want burns or cracks. Have you seen any other companies that make the guards? Hope much modifing did you have to do to make it work?

Have you had any problems now with throwing belts, breaking or ripping teeth off with the 50 mm setup and SCH bracket?

Thanks,
    Steve

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    You webpage is awesome. A lot of time is put in to that. :teeth:

What did that guard cost and which one is it. I too have a ysi and have had decent luck with a 8 rib set up yet am considering going to 50 mm cogs also next year. I like the guard to protect my hood from burns and cracks from a broken belt. My car is a very clean street car with some track time. Don't want burns or cracks. Have you seen any other companies that make the guards? Hope much modifing did you have to do to make it work?

Have you had any problems now with throwing belts, breaking or ripping teeth off with the 50 mm setup and SCH bracket?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Glad you like the site. Later this week I will have some new updates with the lower cog tensioner assembly finished. As far as breaking 50mm belts - yes, but not because of the belt strenght. More due to my installation and interference issues I didn't realize I had before.

The part from RCD was the standard guard without the starter bracket. The starter bracket is the big outside ring that the dragster guys use to hook up the remote starter when they start the engine. The only difference between the kits is the mounting hardware they come with. If you call RCD (ask for "Paco") he can hook you up with a kit that has not extra hardware (you don't need it anyway). The total price was around $170.

The only two real modifications are to trim down about 3/4" from the front face and to cut off the end where they have hardware to mount the side belt guard. That would be super easy with a simple air grinder with a cutoff wheel. I did use a band saw since I had access to one. Beyond that you have to build one aluminum spacer and trim down another to fit a small aluminum tab. In all I probably spent 3 hours modifying the part.

I will take pictures of the pieces and take down some measurements.

As always, nice custom work ;)

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    As always, nice custom work ;)

Ian
    I can't wait to see what you think of my new front plate! I used the one you made as a template. That was a lot more work than I thought - proves how much work goes into your bracket system. I bet I have 6 hours on the bridgeport on just this one piece!

For anyone just reading this thread - if you don't have an SCH bracket tensioner system for your Mustang - GET ONE!

Yes sir, the design, test, and then creating the CNC program was no small task.

Cannot wait to see your changes, users such as yourself keep the aftermarket exciting :)

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    i like that that looks awesome, and actually has a use

Scott
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

When I bought my t-trim it came with a custom one but nothing that nice. Same reason though. Cogs beating up hood.
    Last edited by MeJay Racing; 01-04-2006 at 10:08 AM.
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

SCH Member
    Very nice work. The webpage is great too. I like the short water pump setup. Keep me/us posted if you make more. I know I would like one. Thanks
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.