Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Break in, with supercharger

Thread: New Break in, with supercharger

SCH Member

New Break in, with supercharger

I will be completing my motor swap sometime soon, Should I break in the motor without the S-trim, Or should I just take it easy?
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Break in your motor first. If any metal shavings or debris gets into your blower it will ruin the bearings. You can install the blower, just leave the belt off and buy a plug for the oil line from the hardware store for a buck. I would change the oil several times and make sure it is good and clean. Once it is then you should be safe to put the blower belt and oil line on. Better to be safe then sorry.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

SCH Member
    I was thinking only about the extra strain from the boost, That is good thinking about the shavings, I have built and broke in many engines but never with a blower. It is a V1 so it is loud also. I want to be able to hear only the motor for a while when it is new. Thanks Josh
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,