Thread: Need some ET/MPH from you guys

Senior SCH Member

Need some ET/MPH from you guys

Just wondering what you H/C/I combo'd guys are running with your Novi 1000's. I'm trying to get an idea of what kind of MPH I will be trapping so I can purchase the right gears and tires. I'd love to see some AOD guys times but I know most of you are manuals and thats cool. I'll just have to know that my MPH will most likely be a few less than yours. Thanks, Ryan

No 1/4 times but my C-4 equipped car has run a best of nearly 102 in the 1/8.

I used to run consistent 117's with my 5 spd in the 1/4 running about 7#'s of boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

my car trapped anywhere from 117 with stock pullies to 124mph with 8" crank.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    regattacoupe,

what was the rest of your combo if you dont mind me asking when you ran those times? I'm assuming those were with a 5-speed. Also, did you have a AFM Powerpipe with that 8" crank pulley? And what kind of boost were you seeing?

What kind of boost do you guys think I will see with TW heads, Crane cam, Edel. intake, etc etc combined with an 8" crank pulley and a powerpipe? Somewhere in the neighborhood of 10lbs? Will a bypass be needed? And is the race bypass worth the money?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks again for the info guys, Ryan

Is this a single belt or seperate drive 1k

My times are in my sig with the single belt 1K. I would expect the same with your combo.

Brents car is an Auto using a C4.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

yes a C4. 117mph was stock pullies and the powerpipe and the 123-124 was with the 8" crank. TW heads, Holley II intake, and tfs#1 cam. 3.55's and 26" tires is a very combo for these speeds with a C4.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Senior SCH Member
    I will be purchasing a new kit so it will be the double belt setup. And it sounds like I should expect trapping speeds of anywhere from high hundred-teens to low 120's if I use 26" tires. Would you guys recommend 3.55's or 3.73's for a car that is mostly street driven but does see the track?

I currently have a set of 28" ET Streets on my Draglites, do you think those would still be too tall if I were to go with 3.73 gears? I'm thinking it may be best to sell the 28" tires I have and get a pair of 26" unless you guys convince me otherwise. Thanks for any input, Ryan

try them if you have them. You can always change later.

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    11.7@120 burning the clutch up. Unported windsor jr's, E cam, cobra intake ---15psi
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster