Thread: NOVI-2000 installation help on '92 LX

Junior SCH Member

NOVI-2000 installation help on '92 LX

I'm trying to test fit the NOVI 2k tuner kit/AFM Power Pipe. I am not running an FMU as I have installed 42lb. injectors and 255lph hi-pressure fuel pump. I'm having two clearance issues:

1) the AC line (tried bending it every which way).
    2) stock fuel lines

I had an Automoeter electric fuel pressure gauge connected to the Schrader Valve location. I cannot get the intake elbow to fit to the back of the blower b/c of these problems. I even tried taking the gauge sender out and replacing it with the stock Schrader Valve.

It looks like the Power Pipe it gonna be a pain to connect even if I can get the elbow on the back of the blower.

I don't use the AC often in my car, but I don't want to pull it out if I don't have to.

I am running Trick Flow "tall" valve covers....but I don't think that's an issue with the fuel lines.

Someone help before I go totally insane..... Thanks!
    Last edited by stang8092; 10-28-2004 at 06:05 PM.

Go to the local hardware store and for 2-3 bucks get you some fittings for the sending unit. a 90* elbow fitting for the shrader valve,(one end is male for the SV and the other female for the Sending Unit),a small nipple, and a coupler. This way will allow it to run vertical with the fuel line and is up and out of the way of the rubber 90*for the inlet. Works great! Unfortunately all power pipes are a PITA. Sorry can't help ya with the AC lines, I don't have AC anymore.
    Last edited by blueoval92; 10-28-2004 at 10:01 PM.
    Jorge

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the input. I was thinking the same thing but it's like the actual fuel lines are in the way. The stock Shrader Valve is definitely hitting, not to mention when I place those others fittings in there.

Junior SCH Member
    Have you tried unbolting the the fuel lines from the head stud & bending them outa the way? Sounds brutal I know but some times thats the only way :D

Sorry no idea about the A/C lines as I dont have A/C anymore either.

Junior SCH Member
    The fuel lines have been unbolted since I put heads on a couple years ago. There's not much room to bend them, but will have to try.

I have an Accufab Boost Sensitive fp regulator, so can I use its side port for my fp gauge?
    Last edited by stang8092; 10-29-2004 at 09:52 AM.

you can bend them.......you'd die if you saw what i did to mine last week....LOL You may run into a problem with the tall valvecovers and the powerpipe and/or dishcharge.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Well, the popular consensus is to bend them, so I guess I'll give that a try. Does anyone make a flexible line to replace the hard lines?

Anybody got pics of their install, so I can see how it looks? If so, please send them to stang8092@hotmail.com

I would greatly appreciate it!
    Last edited by stang8092; 10-29-2004 at 05:59 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Well, my friend busted a condenser AC line. I guess I get to pull all the AC stuff out b/c it should be trashed now b/c of moisture? I didn't have to bend the fuel lines. It was the Schrader Valve that was hitting, so I put in a cap screw. I even got the Power Pipe to fit after repeated hacking of the fender apron.

It's pretty much button up work left...oil change, radiator install, belts install, tensioner plate install, coolant hose mod. MAF install. I had to relocate my MSD, so I will have to do a quick wire job.