Thread: Underdrive Pullies? Smog pump?

Senior SCH Member

Underdrive Pullies? Smog pump?

With the addition of a Novi 1000 kit and a 8" crank pulley can I keep the underdrive pullies that are still on my car? I think at this point the only ones I still have on are water pump and power steering. Of course the crank one is on there right now but when I install the blower the renegade pulley will go on there.

Also, will I have to re-install my smog pump and/or its bracket? If I do, does any one know how much one of the pullies are that just replaces it and the best place to get one?

Thanks for any info, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by NothinButNotch
    With the addition of a Novi 1000 kit and a 8" crank pulley can I keep the underdrive pullies that are still on my car? I think at this point the only ones I still have on are water pump and power steering. Of course the crank one is on there right now but when I install the blower the renegade pulley will go on there.

Also, will I have to re-install my smog pump and/or its bracket? If I do, does any one know how much one of the pullies are that just replaces it and the best place to get one?

Thanks for any info, Ryan
    Remove the Ud pulleysand put your stockers back on (I think you mean water pump and alternator). You will need to reuse the smog pump or smog pump delete. I bought the ASP smog delete and it works fine. I think I paid less than $50 for it at my local speed shop. You do not need the smog bracket. Your kit will come with a bracket. I am also assuming you are getting a new 2 belt Novi. If it is a older 1 belt, I am affraid I cannot help.

Senior SCH Member
    Yeah I will be getting a 2 belt Novi kit.

I did mean the water pump and power steering but now that I think about it I'm not sure the PS pulley is actually under-driven I think its just a cosmetic thing (ie matches the rest of the pulleys). And I just went outside and measured to see what the crank pulley difference would be but it measures 4.75" , the same as the 8" crank pulley, so everything should be driven at the exact same speed. So I'm pretty sure I can leave it on. As for the alternator I recently put on a 3G alt. and so I didnt install my under drive pulley for it b/c I didnt want to void its warranty.

Thanks for the info on the smog pump. I'll have to see what the local shops around here charge for them.