Thread: A-trim installed! How much will it pick up?

Junior SCH Member

A-trim installed! How much will it pick up?

Yeah, I guess its another "guess my numbers" thread :D

My current combo consists of a roughly 9.5:1 347 with ProTopline 200cc aluminum heads, anderson N4 cam (.512/.512, 222/230@0.050", 110intake and exhaust centerline), and a mildly ported Typhoon (Eddy RPM ripoff). The combo went 11.54@117 before the addition of a MSD 6AL, 75mm TB (previously 65mm), and a used A-trim with a 2.95/6.87 8-rib pulley setup. Its also got a 4" anderson powerpipe and 4" vortech aluminum inlet, and 3" custom made discharge tube with a mondo bypass. I know some of the stuff is overkill for an A-trim, but I bought the stuff cheap from a friend (minus headunit) who had a YS on his car.

Anyway, I'm thinking it will probably only see around 5-6psi because of the high flowing heads and decent flowing intake. I'm going to try to make it work for now with 30lb injectors and 76mm C&L, then step up to 42's/80mm pro-m soon. I'm going to put it on a dyno before I even test drive it to see how the A/F is doing, hopefully I can get by for a little while with a bunch of base fuel pressure. I'm also going to run with the spout out at 22* or so.

So what are your guesses on power/times? Think I could go 125mph+?

thanks

-Drew
    88 coupe

I urge extreme caution on the 30's and FMU......a friend popped a head gasket doing this last week and he has a 255 and a T rex i think. You may even need 42's and an fmu if you ever get a bigger blower.......this combo while the cam is less than ideal and the blower is the biggest limiter, i'd say it'll make 460ish@ the wheels and equal TQ. welcome to the site!!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    I won't be using an FMU, just a healthy amount of base fuel pressure, and putting it on a dyno with a wideband immediately. I'm guessing its not going to run great like this, but it will have to do before I get some 42's
    88 coupe

My friend's didn't lean out til 100 feet before the line or so....it nosed over and the FP gauge said 20psi......as long as you dyno it you "should" be ok but it's hard to re-create the drag strip....
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    I dont think I'll be making out to the track again this year anyway, most indiana tracks are closed by now :(, so it will just be in halfway decent tune for just messing around on the street. By the time next racing season starts, I'll have a better fuel system for it. I guess its a good thing the tracks aren't open still, because I think I was already pushing my rebuilt T5 pretty far as is!:D
    88 coupe