Thread: What pulleys will work with Novi 2000?

SCH Member

What pulleys will work with Novi 2000?

I am in need of the crank pulley setup for a Novi 2000. I check with Paxton, and needless to say I got sticker shock. Are there any other vendors pulleys that will work with the Novi? Like maybe Vortech or Powedyne?

Thanks,
    Eric

SCH Member
    Could you give me a little more information on your dealing with Paxton? Did they offer a crank pulley and it was just expensive? What were the specs of it?

So far, FoMoCo1 and I have both ordered the Vortech 8" crank pulley that is more commonly used with a Novi 1k setup. Neither of us have found a way for it to work yet. My current problem is the blower belt is rubbing the bottom of the waterpump pulley. I bought a 93 Cobra w/p pulley from this site. I've shaved .200 off the pulley and am going to try it again. It's a work in progress and I'll figure something out even if I have to pay for a new custom crank and waterpump pulley.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

SCH Member
    Well I called Paxton and the sizes they gave me for the pulleys were as follows. The Novi 1000 kit comes with an 8 rib pulley. The motor pulley is stock size while the blower pulley is 7 inch. The Novi 2000 setup is a 10 rib setup with a 4 inch underdrive crank and a 7 inch blower pulley. The 4 inch might be a bit small, it might be 4.75 or 4.5, but you get the idea. The cost of the Novi 2000 crank pulley was like 195.00 plus shipping. That to me is sticker shock. If I could get something else that was cheaper then that would be great. I have seen some Novi 1000 pulleys go like 50 bucks, but there is no underdrive main pulley. I like that option.

Eric

I think I sold my old 10 rib 7 inch Novi 2000 crank pulley for 100-150.00 used, so I don't think thats an awful price for a new one. It all depends on what the market will bear. If you talk to a Paxton retailer they might be able to get it cheaper than calling Paxton directly. ASP will make you one, find out how much they want, I think you will be in for a big surprise, otherwise wait a around and see if someone wants to sell one, who knows.

SCH Member
    I guess I will check with ASP. I did check out their website and they did have a 10 rib listed. I think it was like 150.00.

Eric

SCH Member
    I bought the Vortech 8" crank pulley for ~$190. I'm considering ordering a custom 7.5" or 7.75" crank pulley from ASP. I'm just trying to not void my new 3 year warranty.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

SCH Member
    I went ahead and bought the 7 inch crank with the underdrive acc. pulley from ASP. It should be here tomorrow.

Eric