Thread: I need pics of stock Novi 2000 brackets

SCH Member

I need pics of stock Novi 2000 brackets

I need some pics of stock Novi 2000 brackets with the single and dual tensioner system. I have a single tensioner now but was wondering how difficult it would be to add another.

Thanks,
    Eric

Look trough my gallery in the View my Images under my name.

SCH Member
    Thanks, those are good pics. Are those the stock brackets that came with the Novi 2000? I bought a used setup a friend of mine has and I think he had a custom bracket fabed up. It looks really strong and I know he ran it with a cogged setup without any problems. I just wanted to add another idler pulley so the one pulley wouldnt be so "stressed" with keeping the tension on the belt.

Eric

You wouldnt happen to know anyone with the top bracket for sale?

SCH Member
    I will not be running any cogs. Just an 8 rib setup, 7 inch crank and 3.5 or 3.25 blower.

Eric

Ya these were factory brackets. Now they have the dual tensioner setups. I've never had a problem with belt deflection which is what the dual tensioners reduce from what I can understand atleast. I'm not sure I would worry about trading yours out until you have problems, people have run the single idlers for some time now without problems. They started selling the dual tensioner setups late in 99 I believe. I just missed the boat, as I got mine in October.
    Last edited by Hustler; 11-03-2004 at 02:19 AM.

SCH Member
    I will try it then. I just wanted to get the best grip as possible. I am sure if he wasnt throwing cog belts then my 8 rib setup wont have a problem. Like I said though I do not have the top bracket. Just a single bracket, but it is over a half inch thick.

Eric

Ya see if you can get access to a digital camera and post them in your personal gallery so we can see what you are talking about.

SCH Member
    Done deal.

Eric

SCH Member
    I snapped some pictures of the bracket that the supercharger mounts to. The elongated hole in the mounting bracket is where the tensioner for the cog mounted. I drilled two 1/2 inch holes in the bracket for a tensioner to be mounted.

Thanks,
    Eric