Thread: Sound differences between V-1 & V-2 head units

Junior SCH Member

Sound differences between V-1 & V-2 head units

A V-1 S Trim is pretty loud, from what I've heard.

On Vortech's website they have a V-2 SQ, and a V-2 (super-quiet) SQ

the non-super quiet one has the best abiatic efficiency and more RPM limits. However, is the normal V-2 SQ head unit noisy like the good ol' V-1 S, or is there a big difference in the sound?

The loudness of the S trim is very appealing to me, but according to a certain performance dealer, the V-2's seem to make a little bit more power.

Does anyone know this for sure??

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane's93LX
    A V-1 S Trim is pretty loud, from what I've heard.

On Vortech's website they have a V-2 SQ, and a V-2 (super-quiet) SQ

the non-super quiet one has the best abiatic efficiency and more RPM limits. However, is the normal V-2 SQ head unit noisy like the good ol' V-1 S, or is there a big difference in the sound?

The loudness of the S trim is very appealing to me, but according to a certain performance dealer, the V-2's seem to make a little bit more power.

Does anyone know this for sure??
    the v-1 head unit is louder because it uses a straight cut gear (spur) and the v-2 uses a helicut gear the v-1 is more relible,the v-2 is quiet and the reason its makes a little more boost is that the v-1 has a set up ratio of 345:to 1 and the v-2 has a set up ratio of 354:to 1,if your going to spin the blower I would go with the v-1 vortech will tell you the same.

There's no sound better then the whine of a blower. Go with the V-1, you will love it.
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com

Junior SCH Member
    Awesome... and now that I read your posts, I am reminded of a guy locally that went consistent 130 mph passes on a stock shortblock with a V-1 @ 16 #s, and raced constantly for 6 months before the block finally split... and that S Trim still lives today on a daily driver car... they can apparently last.