Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Joined A New Club :)

Thread: Joined A New Club :)

Joined A New Club :)

I did some tuning on La Rocca's dyno yesterday with the new Vortech YSI and joined the 600 rwhp club. The car made a best of 650 at the wheels through the AOD, but I fattened it up some after that to keep it safe at 11.4:1 across the board. The final pull was 612.1 hp and 641.1 torque. The new vortech YSI blower is insane! It pinned the boost gauge almost instantly, so it totally changed my tune to get the a/f back in safe mode. I haven't changed anything except for upgrading from the YS to the YSI. It was pullied exactly the same as before. My previous best YS pull was 556, so I picked up almost 100 rwhp with the upgrade. It's definitely time for me to upgrade my block soon! I will be making my license passes this weekend at the SSOTN Nats. The chasis is now certified, I got my physical, and all my safety equipment has arrived :) The car is sitting in my driveway on the trailer ready to go :)

Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Huge congrats Eric!! That thing is awesome (your car that is). Can't wait to see what it'll do now. Just wish I lived out east to come out and see some of the cars on here. Are you still using an Art Carr convert?
    Mike
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

Thanks! Yes, I am for now but one of my upgrades for the winter will probably be going from an AOD to a c4. I am not sure who's converter I am going to use since my good contact from Art Carr seems to have disapeared.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

My Homepage

What type and size pulley's are you using. Also what rpm's was the run taken to. Lastly how much boost.

I will be switching to the AOD this winter with my YSI setup. Looking for what to expect.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I am running the 3"/8" renegade pullies that come with the kit. We took it to around 7000 rpm or 140 mph since that's what I should be trapping at. I dont know how much boost it made...it pegged the 20 on the gauge instantly and I was watching the total timing and not the boost on the pms. My guess would be around 25 psi. Jimmy LaRocca was watching me tune it and he said they usually are good for 28 psi and then they are done.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

My Homepage

Awesome #'s Eric congrats.
    Jorge

DAmn that is some sick numbers!!

Congrats man!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Welcome to the "club" Eric. I think you will be surprised at how quick it is going to be.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

For sure! That thing will move! Maybe my lowly T-trim yesterdays news........
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D