Thread: Just finished NOVI 2k install, have questions...

Junior SCH Member

Just finished NOVI 2k install, have questions...

I just finished the installation of the NOVI-2000 in my '92 LX. Although, I haven't really tried tweaking it yet.....should it run kinda rough with 42lb. injectors, etc? The computer is stock and I plan on having a chip burned when I have it dyno/tuned.

Also, the serpentine belt rubs the upper alternator nut. Is there a fix for that?

Do you have an adjustable FPR? Did you unplug the positive from the battery for over 20 min? Need to reset the EEC. Are you running the supplied FMU? If so you need a 4:1 ratio disc I believe. If not running the FMU then ignore.

The serpentine belt issue had me wondering what mine looked like. Sure enough mine is bearily touching the face of the nut also. Though I have an underdrive pulley on, not sure if it would miss or not with a standard size pulley. I would guess you are fine, but maybe someone else can chime in and see what they have to say.

Junior SCH Member
    I am running an Accufab Boost Sensitive FP Regulator. The battery was disconnected for the whole install. It ran for a good amount of time last night so EEC should have learned it's idle strategy. I am thinking that the stock EEC parameters can't handle something that invlolves that much fuel and air.

I am not running an FMU.

Also, I have a leak from the oil drain line. There is a barb-fitting at the 5 o'clock position on the blower. I kinda figured the line would be at a bad angle, since it's coming from the passenger side. I suppose I could pull the blower and try to find a right angle fitting....? Anyone else encounter this problem?

As for the nut rubbing, I took my underdrive pulleys off during the install....at least the water pump & crank. I don't recall if I changed the alternator one when I replaced it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by stang8092; 11-05-2004 at 10:46 AM.

SCH Member
    If you can, could you put up some pics. The last blower install I did (not a Novi2000) I actually had to drive the car, and as I drove it, it got better.

On the belt rubbing issue, my serpentine belt rubbed on the smog delete kit, I took an allen head bolt and made a small grove in it, worked great.

Eric

Junior SCH Member
    Got the car tuned and put on the dyno......475hp/440tq. It is the number I was hoping for considering I'm running a stock bottom end and all the bolt-ons.

I'm afraid that the motor and T-5 will not be long for this world with that kind of power.

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Did the tune session get the rough running smoothed out?
    If so, what kind of problems did they find & eliminate?
    Chris

Junior SCH Member
    The tuning got pretty much all the bugs worked out. It will still do a couple surges when coming to a stop, but they are pretty minor...couple hundred RPM.

The custom burned chip is what got everything where it needed to be. The biggest problem was getting the car to idle....stupid MAF. LOL!

Don't get me wrong the car is miserable when it's first started, but as soon as it starts to warm up..it purrs.