View Poll Results: Should we create a FAQ everyone can contribute to?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would be willing to contribute.

3 100.00%
  • No, people can use the search feature.

0 0%
  • I'm a newbie, I would like a FAQ but can't yet contribute.

0 0%
  • You need to get a life Chris

0 0%

Thread: Should we create a FAQ that sits at the top?

Should we create a FAQ that sits at the top?

Any of you guys interested in putting together a FAQ? Basically like a quick Q&A to some common questions or problems we've encountered? If so post a list of some questions that we've seen. Some examples maybe.

Why am I shredding belts?
    pulley alignment is out, allowing belt to walk across grooves. Shim pulleys with spacers/washers and use straight edge to verify alignment.

Why are my belts walking (cogs)?
    pulley alignment and taughtness. Belt deflection could also be a culpret having only one idler putting tension on the belt

Why are my belts snapping?
    Insufficient bypass valve and or a combination of extreme acceleration and deceleration of belt with rapid throttlebody opening and closing (like manually shifting during a 1/4 pass).

Questions kind of like this, and we can separate certain questions into groups so people can navigate to an area quicker. If this is a dumb idea, just say so lol I realize there is a search here also, but maybe we could point people to this thread before getting into an in depth answer and let them refer answers from here into their questions if they need further resolve? Also we can put someones name at the end if you contributed something or added an additional answer to a question so that someone can contact you about your personal experience with the problem.

I'll try to gauge interest by putting a poll on this thread. If you don't want to contribute then please say so. You'll just owe me a beer. ;)

SCH Member
    I think a faq would be great. I am a newbie to the Novi series but have some knowledge that I might be able to contribute... maybe :)

Thanks,
    Eric

Not sure if I'd be much help on the Novi 2000, but it's a good idea!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th