Thread: Initial Timing setting after Novi 2k install?

Junior SCH Member

Initial settings after Novi 2k install?

Can someone tell me what my timing should be set at?

The fuel pressure is at 42psi (no vacuum) at the regulator.

The car surges big time at idle and will eventually die. If I try to restart it, I have to keep the gas pedal to the floor. I would assume it's too rich?

I have 42lb injectors and 80mm Pro-M. I got the Pro-M from Anderson Ford Motorsport. I told them I wanted S/C application, but they said the N/A one would work and is easier to tune.

HELP! I want to jump on it to see what's it's got :)
    Last edited by stang8092; 11-05-2004 at 07:02 PM.

I had a similar problem turned out to be a vacuum leak. You sure you have all the vacuum hoses connected and none have blown off? Or any other ports that need to be capped off. It could indeed be running very rich, you could back off fuel pressure to 40, and or try setting base timing to 8-10. I ran 8 degrees base timing, though I can't recall what my fuel pressure was set at with 42lb injectors.

Junior SCH Member
    I checked all the vacuum lines. Also, I replaced my upper intake gaskets, too (I have GT-40 with 1" spacer. It seems like it idle fines, then after I give it gas it surges for a little while and dies. I have to figure out how to set the timing b/c I can't even see the balancer nevermind the markings on it.

Ya setting the timing can be tough, in fact you will most likely have to take the shroud off, as that is what I had to do whenever I wanted to change timing.

Junior SCH Member
    You might try rotating your meter 180 degrees. It work on mine doing that.