Thread: Help me choose a blower!!

Junior SCH Member

Help me choose a blower!!

I want to order one asap. I was going to order an SQ trim today but the guy never called me back. Anyway, all I want is about 8lbs of boost. If I buy a novi 1000, what else would I need to get? I hear new discharge tubes are by pass valves are a must. How much are those? Do novi 1000's require tapping the pan? Its basically between an SQ trim or a novi 1000 and save a few bucks. How loud are novi 1000's?
    92 Mustang LX
    TFS heads, TFS intake, FTI cam, 75mm TB, Longtubes, Tremec TKO. 12.8 @ 108 untuned

if all you need is 8 psi then the novi 1000 will serve you well. They are seperate drive and they come with an aluminum discharge, but yes you will need a bypass. They aren't much more than $50. You'll want(i think it isn't optional) a powerpipe and they are well worth it. If you will ever want more than 10-12 on your setup then you might buck up and get the S-trim or a Novi 2000 right off that bat and save money in the long run.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    How loud are these novi 1000's? This is a tough choice because the vortech is $500 more. All I want is about 8psi. Whats the avg boost guys see with a set up like mine with stock pulleys and a powerpipe? Is that bypass a pita to install? Any local parts sore should have it? Where do i get a discharge tube that accepts a bypass and how much? Do the 1000 kits come with the stuff to tap the pan?

If there's a $500 difference I'd definetely go with the Novi 1000, but then again I may be a bit biased.

The Novi 1000 is pretty quiet at anything above 800-900 RPM's, 8 PSI should be attainable with just the pipe. The bypass is pretty straightforward. The discharge tube included with the kit is what ya need. Unless Paxton has changed up things, they include a punch for the oil pan, but you'll have to pick up a tap at any local plumbling store.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

@ 6000 rpms you should see 7psi with a powerpipe unless you live at a high elevation.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D