Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I ordered my Vortech SQ S Trim!

Comp has some awesome Nitrous/Blower grinds nowadays but if your on a budget slap the TFS#1 or the #2 in there and hang on.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    I am thinking about just pulling the spout and locking the timing @ 17* total. Its 17* initial now, so I might just run no spout because I feel its safer than relying on the BTM. I do agree that running the BTM will make it run better off boost though. I'd say 17-19* total no spout should be a good start, right?

Whats your thoughts on not running the T rex? I have a 255 high pressure in tank already. I'll be running 30's with the FMU. Can i get by w/o the T rex you think? It'll make the install go a lot easier. When I go to dyno it, if it turns out I need it, I can always install it.

SCH Member
    How did the oil pan punching and tapping go for you? Any leaks with the drain?
    '86 GT: Vortech V2 SQ S-Trim, AFM Power Pipe, Seris III PMS, Pro-M 80 AFM N/A cal, Edelbrock Performer RPM, E7s, Stock Cam, 1.6 RRs, 75mm TB, 42# injectors, No FMU, GSS340 255lph, MAC 1-5/8" LTs, 2.5" H-pipe, 2-ch. Flowmasters, 3.73s, Auburn Pro, Strange 9" axles with 9" axle ends, J&M adj LCAs, Crane HI-6R, 3G 130amp alt., & Need a WB!

Future Mods: TFS TW Fast as Cast Heads, AFM B-31 Cam, & Snow Performance Meth Kit

Junior SCH Member
    I never finished the install so I dont know if it leaked or not. I pulled the blower and I am selling it. Tapping it wasnt a big deal honestly. Put a little silicone on the threads of the fitting.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grn92LX
    I never finished the install so I dont know if it leaked or not. I pulled the blower and I am selling it. Tapping it wasnt a big deal honestly. Put a little silicone on the threads of the fitting.
    Sorry to hear that you are selling the blower... Hopefully not on bad terms?
    '86 GT: Vortech V2 SQ S-Trim, AFM Power Pipe, Seris III PMS, Pro-M 80 AFM N/A cal, Edelbrock Performer RPM, E7s, Stock Cam, 1.6 RRs, 75mm TB, 42# injectors, No FMU, GSS340 255lph, MAC 1-5/8" LTs, 2.5" H-pipe, 2-ch. Flowmasters, 3.73s, Auburn Pro, Strange 9" axles with 9" axle ends, J&M adj LCAs, Crane HI-6R, 3G 130amp alt., & Need a WB!

Future Mods: TFS TW Fast as Cast Heads, AFM B-31 Cam, & Snow Performance Meth Kit

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grn92LX
    What other precautions should I take for the pcv line? I read about guys sucking oil thru the pcv in to the intake. I read soemthing about putting a 1 way check valve in the pvc line. I guess so only air can flow from the manifold thru the pcv, NOT from the pcv back into the manifold? Mike
    I'm not sure about the details of the plumbing, but the PCV is a check valve. Will it still be a problem?