Thread: SQ's are the ****!!!!!!!!!!

Junior SCH Member

SQ's are the ****!!!!!!!!!!

Hey,

I just gotta say, SQ's are sooooo nice!!!!!

The quality, workmanship, etc. that goes into them, if you take care of them, they will reward you, they really are the jewel of the Vortech line!!!

Yeah, I really miss the whine of the straight cut geared s-trims, but the sq's are so efficient!!!)

in my humble opinion, IMHO...........of course!!

Anyone else love these little guys?????????

joe
    :)

Junior SCH Member
    Is there that much of a power difference between the S and the SQ?

Junior SCH Member
    Better oiling, making it more efficinet, i.e. dosen't generate as much heat, which results in lower intake temps!!!! other than that, same CFM (1,000), max RPM, etc. It's called the SQ or S quiet, because the gears inside are helical cut instead of straight cut, straight cut gears whine like crazy!!!

joe

Junior SCH Member
    Ahhh that makes sense. I'm at the point of saving for a kit now, but I'm torn between the V-1 and the V-2; V-2 for a little better performance, or V-1 for the noise... I just love the sound they make!

I love my SQ, the car is so sleeper like and the boost comes in pretty quick.
    Jorge

SCH Member
    I gave a friend of mine a ride in my SQ powered 331. He was amazed how instant it was. He does alot of kenne belle installs. He said they are instant boost and mine felt like it took 1/4 a second to hit max boost LOL. I cant get any real good times because with 26x10 ET streets on our track it spins well into 3rd gear.
    1969 Mustang coupe. 428 FE NOS 10.30 at 130 mph. 1991 LX hatch 302, GT40X ported,Trickflow street heat,E-cam 1.7's, GFORCE T-5. 31 spline with 3.73's. Vortech V2-SQ with AFM powerpipe.Snow Performance Boost Cooler. Daily Driver 11.41 at 124.00. Now a 331