Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Lack of Support from Vortech/Paxton for Novi 2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lack of Support from Vortech/Paxton for Novi 2000

Junior SCH Member

Lack of Support from Vortech/Paxton for Novi 2000

Has anyone had problems getting a Novi serviced from Vortech??

A friend of mine has a Novi 2000 that is 3 years old. After this last season, he pulled the blower and inspected it. Upon inspection he found a small hole in the compressor and that the impeller was in fairly bad shape. Since Paxton was purchased by Vortech, his only option was to send it to them for service. After waiting several weeks, Vortech responded to him that they would not be able to fix his blower. They told him that they did not have the parts available. He asked them if this was a permanent situation or a temporary one. They responded that they would never be able to fix it. Unless something has changed, they are still producing this blower. He asked if this was the case, why they couldn't get the parts. They beat around the bush and just told him that he could not get it fixed. At that point, they told him his only option was to purchase a new Vortech blower.

Sooo, with this being said, let this be your warning for those of you who currently own a Novi or thinking of purchasing one. Also, this should put a fairly bad mark on Vortech for their lack of customer support. Tomorrow we plan on calling Vortech and explaining that we plan to spread the word about this on several boards and that we plan to point out Vortech's lack of customer service.

If anyone else has had any problems with them, please feel free to voice it..

Todd
    <a href="http://www.PoMoFoRacing.com">

Hello Todd,

Did you try calling Kelly @ Paxton Auto?

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Ian,

I don't think he has talked to anyone other than Vortech. I'm pretty sure that Mike Duffy (car builder) had someone that he knew at Vortech/Paxton helping them with the problem. You happen to have a number for this guy and I will pass it on.

Thanks,

Todd

Sure, call 888-9-Paxton and ask for Kelly. Tell him Ian told you to call and explain what has happened. He is the man over @ Paxton and I am sure he will help you out.

There are users on here that have had their units back, so I am sure it will not be a problem.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks Ian, we will be calling today to see if they will help us out..

Todd

That's great! Please let us know how it turns out.

Ian

Going on message boards and bad mouthing a company or a company's service is not the proper way to solve your problem.

Why didn't you call Paxton from the get go? I know Vortech owns Paxton but don't you think the Paxton customer service is for Paxton owners and the Vortech customer service is for Vortech owners?!??
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Whistler
    Going on message boards and bad mouthing a company or a company's service is not the proper way to solve your problem.

Why didn't you call Paxton from the get go? I know Vortech owns Paxton but don't you think the Paxton customer service is for Paxton owners and the Vortech customer service is for Vortech owners?!??
    Well let me ask you this, if this was your blower and the company that produced it (and still does) told you tough luck, buy a new one, wouldn't you be a little on the dissatisfied side? Since you don't know the entire story, please refrain from ripping me and telling how or how not to conduct myself. As a matter of fact, we did call Paxton first and they instructed us to send the blower to Vortech for any repairs. After waiting for a couple of weeks, they called and said that they did not have the parts to fix it. I'm sorry if you feel that I should not bash them for this, but it's a little hard to understand how they could not have the parts to fix it when they still make the damn blower. This is the exact purpose that message forums were created, so others can be informed, whether it's bad or good. Regardless of the outcome, the customer service in this case is still lacking. I hope they are able to get it fixed, but it never should have come to this. This thread was not intended to bash them, but to clearly state that our expierence with them has not been the best. I was hoping to see a hundred replys stating nothing but good about Paxton/Vortech in hopes that this was an abnormality.

Thanks for your input, but I was looking more towards the type that Ian provided.

Todd

First off let's get something straight once and for all. Vortech does not own Paxton. Paxton was purchased by the same ownership group that owns Vortech. Even though the two businisses are owned by the same group, they are operated independantly of each other in their own buildings, with their own employees and engineers. Below is the news release of this merger as posted on Superchargersonline.com:

http://www.superchargersonline.com/n...sp?RecordID=37

Senior SCH Member
    Unfortunately you will probably get even worse customer support from Procharger. Paxton has always treated me real well and I am surprised to here this. Sorry to hear that you are not receiving the same.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by TheHawk05
    First off let's get something straight once and for all. Vortech does not own Paxton. Paxton was purchased by the same ownership group that owns Vortech. Even though the two businisses are owned by the same group, they are operated independantly of each other in their own buildings, with their own employees and engineers. Below is the news release of this merger as posted on Superchargersonline.com:

http://www.superchargersonline.com/n...sp?RecordID=37
    Hawk - Hmmm, wonder why they had him ship it to Vortech then?? Wonder if they have created one service center/area/etc.

RS- we have heard the same from others concerning Paxton. Just seemed quite strange the way they handled it.

Ian - we've left him a voice mail, waiting for his call... We'll see if it can't get resolved.

Originally posted by ok91lx
    Well let me ask you this, if this was your blower and the company that produced it (and still does) told you tough luck, buy a new one, wouldn't you be a little on the dissatisfied side?
    Well, since my Novi still has the warranty on it, getting a replacement would not be a problem at all.

Since you don't know the entire story, please refrain from ripping me and telling how or how not to conduct myself.
    In no part of my post did I "rip" you or did I tell you how to conduct yourself.

I was hoping to see a hundred replys stating nothing but good about Paxton/Vortech in hopes that this was an abnormality.
    Paxton does have very good customer service (in my limited experience) and I'm sure more members will chime in with their opinions.

Thanks for your input, but I was looking more towards the type that Ian provided.
    I'm sorry that you didn't like my input. Take it for what it's worth. $.02 :yep:
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

ok91lx: Kelly will get you fixed up, I will be very surprised if he cannot.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Ok here is the skinny,
    Paxton and Vortech have merged, they share the same repair, and service department. The tech is still done seperately. The Novi that you have is outdated, I know its only three years old, but there have been changes made, for one they now use a mechanical seal, rather then a lip style on the impeller shaft, that has caused them re-bore the hole where the seal sits. they now use a different impeller, and volute from three years ago. This is not a bad thing, there were always improvements being made to the blower through out the years. It sounds to me like you need get with Duffy and see what the skinny is on the blower, the service department typically does not let the customer know what all the details are in the situation, they rather go through the person that sent the blower in, this will usually keep things from getting mixed up, and not allow the "he said, she said" type of things to happen. Hopefully this will steer you in the right direction...:yeah:

SCH Member
    Vortech is like that, like Ian said, speak to Kelly, he should be able to fix you up. I called Vortech once and started comparing some of their chargers to Paxtons chargers, and they would not say ONE good thing about Paxton at all. They bad talked PAxton to the fullest extent and promoted their products.